Windows 10: My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. Window 10

Discus and support My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. Window 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. I already disable thefast startup, disable the usb selective... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MUHAMMADMU'AZ, Jun 1, 2020.

1. My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. Window 10

My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. I already disable thefast startup, disable the usb selective suspension for all battery performance and even disable power for the usb device manager. Help because this going to have impact on my laptop battery in long-term.

:)

MUHAMMADMU'AZ, Jun 1, 2020

2. USB 3 ports

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regrets the inconvenience caused.

If your USB does not work after you plug it in, it’s probably because of one of the following causes:

• Windows can’t find a driver for the USB device.
    • Windows doesn't recognize the USB device.
    • There's a problem with the device
    • The driver for the device is faulty
    • The device isn't getting enough power
    • The USB port is defective
    Suggest you to check and install all latest and compatible windows 10 drivers from Manufacture's website for your device. Most probably it will fix the issue.

You can check the driver status under General tab, in device Manager. If you suspect that a driver is faulty, contact the manufacturer.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 1, 2020
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Jun 1, 2020
  4. wysiwyg Win User

My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. Window 10

USB ports didn't power off after shutdown in Windows 10

From USB ports remain powered after shutdown:

wysiwyg, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. Window 10

1. My laptop keep generating power to my one out of two usb 3.0 port after shutdown. Window 10 - Similar Threads - laptop keep generating

2. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  3. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  4. My laptop will not detect my USB port

My laptop will not detect my USB port: I have done this before where I plug in my Camera into the USB port and send me pictures into this but I tried to do it yesterday and no matter what I did Windows never created a pop-up message saying something of the likes of "What would you like to do with this device" or...
  5. power to usb ports

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power to usb ports: Hello — I am having a issue with the usb drives connected to my laptop. It seems that in the quest to save power, the computer limits power to the usb ports. Im my case, both usb drives are self powered – ie they use AC power. When I turn on my laptop at the start of the...
  6. how can my Power-beats 3 connect to my windows 10 laptop

how can my Power-beats 3 connect to my windows 10 laptop: how can my Power-beats 3 connect to my windows 10 laptop? If you know tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-my-power-beats-3-connect-to-my-windows-10/ef2e25cd-44e1-4a9c-8766-944cb7d00ec6
  7. USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...: I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then drops again...
  8. power from the usb on my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power from the usb on my laptop: How do I configure my laptop to turn power to the usb plugs off when the laptop is turned off. I have purchased a cooling pad for the laptop to sit on and have plugged the usb power plug into the laptop. I would like the cooling pad to go off when I turn off the laptop but...
  9. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...
  10. My Laptop Not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop Not Shutdown: My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown . what is this problem and how fix this problem? 59635