Windows 10: My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...

Discus and support My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have did everything to stop the laptop to lock itself randomly. I do not know what else can be done because my window is updated fully ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AvanOng84, Apr 16, 2021.

1. AvanOng84 Win User

My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...

Hi

I have did everything to stop the laptop to lock itself randomly.

I do not know what else can be done because my window is updated fully , display adapter updated too and power options is set to never hence I do not know what else is causing this problem.

I do not wish to clean slate my window because there are too many important things on my laptop please help.

Regards

Avan

:)

AvanOng84, Apr 16, 2021

2. Power options max setting to 5% randomly

Hi Devon,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated the hardware drivers in Windows 10?

• Does the system gets hangs/freezes when you say "My computer often has sudden sluggishness"?

• What is the model of your computer?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below suggestion and check if it helps.

As you are facing this issue from Windows 8. 1 Operating system, I suggest you to update the drivers in Windows 10.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

It is recommended to install the latest chipset drivers from the manufacture website.

You may run the Power troubleshooter in Windows 10 and check if it helps. It will find and fix problems with your computers power settings. Follow the below steps to run Power troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Power troubleshooter.
    Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 16, 2021
  3. MY LAPTOP KEEPS LOCKING RANDOMLY

Hi Elisa,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows power settings. I will certainly help you.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to set the
    power & sleep settings to Never on your Computer and check if this helps.

• Click on Start and select
      Settings
    • Click on System.
    • Now select power & sleep and set it to
      Never.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the methods below and check if this helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if this helps.

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Method 2: Perform Clean Boot and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Kindly get back to us with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 16, 2021
  4. My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...

1. My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set... - Similar Threads - laptop keep locking

2. My laptop keep on rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keep on rebooting itself: My laptop keep on rebooting itself, it will suddenly go black and on back while my keyboard is still on, after checking Event Viewer i saw The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. pls how can i solve this issue:Error Message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  3. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  4. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  5. My laptop locks itself for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop locks itself for no reason: So when I am watching some movies or playing games or something my laptop just shows locking in for like a second and then it's just a black screen and I have to turn it on again. It does not shut down or anything but it goes to sleep mode. I thought the battery is what's...
  6. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!: Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I left off but its happening quite often now, my version is Windows 10 Pro btw, what should I do? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  8. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  9. Power options on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options on my laptop: Hello to all I have a HP255G6 laptop been working good for a while. Small problem since Saturday been having an issue with closing the lid and selecting sleep in the power options with no issues until this morning that method had stopped working. Another thing when I left...
  10. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up: My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i don't know anymore) it will lock itself up even after i and i have read online that it may be because my os is not updated and...