Windows 10: My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

Discus and support My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having trouble with my laptop that keeps hibernating/locking itself. I have tried a past method on your website which doesn’t seem to be working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SeanLintag, Dec 18, 2020.

1. My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

I am having trouble with my laptop that keeps hibernating/locking itself. I have tried a past method on your website which doesn’t seem to be working for me either.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...randomly/0671b0d1-22d8-4ffd-b5ee-21a7137f269c

Reffering to method one of the link, I haven’t tried manually looking for a driver.

I have tried updating my drivers and I have clean booted my computer as well. It does seem the longer it is locked, the longer I can use it. Is there any other way I can fix this issue?

:)

SeanLintag, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 18, 2020
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

1. My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking - Similar Threads - laptop keeps auto

2. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  3. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a laptop that used to run Windows XP. Every 2-5 minutes or so, it starts to say hibernating then instantly says locking and then shuts down. It resumes from where I left off but it's annoying. Is there any setting to turn...
  4. Windows 10 keeps hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates: Updated: when I first posted I thought it was auto-locking, in fact it is neither auto-locking nor auto-hibernatingExpected functionality: Windows auto-locks after x seconds then auto-hibernates after y minutes of inactivityActual functionality: Windows never locks or...
  6. Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows never auto-locks or auto-hibernates: Updated: when I first posted I thought it was auto-locking, in fact it is neither auto-locking nor auto-hibernatingExpected functionality: Windows auto-locks after x seconds then auto-hibernates after y minutes of inactivityActual functionality: Windows never locks or...
  7. Laptop keeps hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps hibernating: Hello everyone, I just updated my windows 10 laptop. My problem is that everytime it boot but it waits like 30 seconds and then goes into hibernating. If I reverse back to the old version then it's fine. Anyone advise submitted by /u/Mr_drgon [link] [comments]...
  8. MY laptop keeps locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY laptop keeps locking: For the past few months, my laptop would say locking and then shut off. I don't know why it happens but it's really annoying. Can I get help with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-locking/f785e835-9567-4c9e-9226-89a9425ec26b
  9. Problem unsolved on my laptop auto hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem unsolved on my laptop auto hibernate issue: The issue I asked last time: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-laptop-suddenly-go-sleep-mode-and/b3dc6b6e-ecac-413f-8f19-7044ebb99725 After I applied the solution my laptop face the issue lesser, however, It will happen again from time to...
  10. My PC keeps auto-locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps auto-locking: I don’t want my PC to turn into sleep mode so I’ve disabled all screen saver settings. But my PC automatically locks when I don’t use it. Your tip? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-auto-locking/7313163a-b2ea-4090-bcc6-23aa126ec2c8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer is auto locking and goes into a hibernation mode

2. my laptop keeps hibernating

3. laptop hibernating locking automatically

4. why does my laptop keep hibernating and locking,
  5. Laptop hibernating and locking on its own,
  6. system hibernates locking,
  7. why does my windows 10 keeps hibernating,
  8. dead battery laptop locking on its own prevent,
  9. my laptop hibernate auto and locked