Windows 10: My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet

Discus and support My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I use my laptop, it keeps disconneting from the internet. I check it and it's disabled. It doesn't enable when I do. I have to restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joanne Millares, Sep 18, 2018.

1. My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet

Every time I use my laptop, it keeps disconneting from the internet. I check it and it's disabled. It doesn't enable when I do. I have to restart my computer every time this happens. What can I do to fix this?

:)

Joanne Millares, Sep 18, 2018
  2. altae Win User

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Sep 18, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 18, 2018
  4. My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet

how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet

1. My laptop keeps disconneting from the internet - Similar Threads - laptop keeps disconneting

2. my wireless network driver keeps on disconneting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wireless network driver keeps on disconneting: Hi there,I have an Asus Tuf gaming laptop. Every day for the last month i have been dealing with the same problem, everyday when i open my laptop for the first time. it will work fine, but after a few minutes, my Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC will be hidden...
  3. my wireless network driver keeps on disconneting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my wireless network driver keeps on disconneting: Hi there,I have an Asus Tuf gaming laptop. Every day for the last month i have been dealing with the same problem, everyday when i open my laptop for the first time. it will work fine, but after a few minutes, my Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC will be hidden...
  4. my wireless network driver keeps on disconneting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet.

My laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet.: Earlier this month, my laptop I own an Asus TUF laptop with windows 10 began disconnecting from our wi-fi at random, and refusing to let me reconnect if I open the internet access in settings or on the taskbar, no networks will show up, and if they do show up, if I click...
  6. My laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet.

My laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet.: Earlier this month, my laptop I own an Asus TUF laptop with windows 10 began disconnecting from our wi-fi at random, and refusing to let me reconnect if I open the internet access in settings or on the taskbar, no networks will show up, and if they do show up, if I click...
  7. My laptop keeps disconnecting from the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Internet keeps randomly disconneting by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps randomly disconneting by itself: Why does my internet keep disconnecting at random intervals? I've had this problem for a few years now and after finally getting annoyed, I decided to come here to ask for help. Every single time, whenever I play any game on my PC the network works and then out of nowhere the...
  9. Internet keeps randomly disconneting by itself

Internet keeps randomly disconneting by itself: Why does my internet keep disconnecting at random intervals? I've had this problem for a few years now and after finally getting annoyed, I decided to come here to ask for help. Every single time, whenever I play any game on my PC the network works and then out of nowhere the...
  10. Internet keeps randomly disconneting by itself