Windows 10: My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent

Discus and support My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Y540 with i7-9750H, 16GB Ram and GTX 1650. But lately it froze on me and checked Windows Reliability Monitor, and got this entry:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidBoychuk, Jul 17, 2021.

1. My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent

I have a Lenovo Y540 with i7-9750H, 16GB Ram and GTX 1650. But lately it froze on me and checked Windows Reliability Monitor, and got this entry: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎07-‎16 8:01 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: ffabParameter 1: 3Parameter 2: ffffc3070cddd2f0Parameter 3: d28Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19043Service Pack: 0_0Product

:)

DavidBoychuk, Jul 17, 2021

2. Random Freezing from hardware error, event name LiveKernelEvent

1-5) here are two captions (I do not use any other cleaning software, just used malwarebytes long time ago)

My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent [​IMG]

6) As I wrote, I already followed the instructions in the linked post, should I remove all other languages? I don't know what else to do...
    7) Here the collected files

thank you again for all this...

Jinglestar, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Random Freezing from hardware error, event name LiveKernelEvent

7) (from previous post):

Attachment 168351

1-3)
    Attachment 168352

4)
    CollectedFiles.zip

one file was not saved:
    C:\WINDOWS\minidump\121517-38718-01.dmpC:\WINDOWS\minidump\121617-47218-01.dmpThe process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
    5) there are no rows with icons that have yellow triangles and/or black exclamation marks

Jinglestar, Jul 17, 2021
  4. llinfeng Win User

My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent

Windows Hardware Error: "LiveKernelEvent", with code 144 and Locale ID: 1033

Repeated error

I have been repeatedly encountering the following error when my laptop freezes. It may occur multiple times during the day, and should take several minutes to recover.

More details

Per my best reflection, the hardware error occurs when I am using the laptop on its docking station. Here is what I observe:

• While using the laptop as normal, the "freeze" will occur and I can hardly operate the laptop: mouse cursor won't move continuously and Alt+Tab won't be able to switch across two windows.
    • Shortly after (usually several minutes), things will go back to normal. Upon inspecting through the Performance tab in Task Manager, there had been no spike in anything, be it CPU, Memory or Disk.
    • When I open the View reliability history tool, I will find another entry of Windows Hardware Error

Machine specification:

• Thinkpad T480, i7-8650U (newly replaced module thanks to the manufacture)
      • With the same pair of docking stations, an older unit of T480 has had exactly the same problem.
    • Docking station: Thinkpad Ultra Docking station. Same issue has occurred on two identical docks with slightly different monitors and accessories.
    • OS specification: OS build 17134.376.
    • Most recent collection of "reliability report": a link to the xml file

Possible solutions

1. First, I would like to learn what exactly went wrong, hardware-wise: the manufacturer's support team did not bother too much with the precise error messages, and have ordered me to reinstall the Windows OS up to 5 times in total. [This is what they called "debugging".]

Please advise if you can decipher the recurrent "Hardware error".

1. Secondly, I will try to push the manufacturer to replace the docking stations, and see if the same "freezing problem' persists.

llinfeng, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent

1. My laptop keeps freezing with error code ffab LiveKernelEvent - Similar Threads - laptop keeps freezing

2. Computer randomly freezes. LiveKernelEvent Code 141

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly freezes. LiveKernelEvent Code 141: I've been having a problem over the last few weeks with my computer freezing and then restarting.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎6/‎12/‎2023 2:21 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem...
  3. Computer randomly freezes. LiveKernelEvent Code 141

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly freezes. LiveKernelEvent Code 141: I've been having a problem over the last few weeks with my computer freezing and then restarting.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎6/‎12/‎2023 2:21 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem...
  4. Computer randomly freezes. LiveKernelEvent Code 141

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Windows freezes or crashes

LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Windows freezes or crashes: My system is crashing and freezing on daily basis.Monitors are turning off, sound freezes and I need to make a hard reset to solve this problem for another few hours.RAM usage is spiking high up to 32 GB I have installed.The problem occurs mostly when watching some YouTube...
  6. LiveKernelEvent Error, Code 144

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LiveKernelEvent Error, Code 144: someone knows what this error is due to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/livekernelevent-error-code-144/070b5272-11b2-4337-9d30-3eb95b7b9dfa
  7. MY PC Freezes with error Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117

MY PC Freezes with error Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117: I just built a new PC with the following specs. Intel I9 10900K EVGA GGTX 2080TI FTW3 Asus ROG Strix Gaming Motherboard 32GIGS of Gskill TridentZ ram at 3600 - has the latest drivers Two Samsung NVM's 980's 500gig each windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, with all the updates Problem did...
  8. PC randomly freezes - LiveKernelEvent Code: 1a1

PC randomly freezes - LiveKernelEvent Code: 1a1: Hello, I just build a new PC a couple weeks ago, and sometimes my PC will just freeze sometimes while browsing the web and sometimes by doing nothing. Here are some infos : one time it crashed and I was still able to hear my music with iTunes. Here is a screenshot of the...
  9. LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Error black screens and freezes constantly 5700xt

LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Error black screens and freezes constantly 5700xt: Hey Guys, I really need some help, ever since I built my new PC about a week ago I’ve been having constant crashes and black screens, very inconsistantly sometimes I can game and have my pc on at load for ages and it works fine and then crashes, sometimes it'll crash again...
  10. LiveKernelEvent code 141 error.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    LiveKernelEvent code 141 error.: Dear all , Good evening and i wish to you all happy holidays! Good to be here. I will start right off with the issue. Description : While watching movies from local drives, browsing the web with chrome , browsing files and folders on windows explorer etc , everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Livekernelevent error code ffab

2. Reliabilty monitor error code ffab