Windows 10: My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off

Discus and support My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop gives off hotspot of name "DIRECT_......." even though hotspot is off in networks. Will anyone help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SugamKarki1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off

My laptop gives off hotspot of name "DIRECT_......." even though hotspot is off in networks. Will anyone help me?

:)

SugamKarki1, Feb 13, 2020

2. Turning Off Hotspot?

I'm having issues with my computer not turning off Wifi Hotspot. I've tried going into Network and WiFi settings and everything is switched to "off," but I can still see my laptop on the WiFi lists of my laptop and other devices such as my phone and iPad.

Any other suggestions on how to turn it off and keep it from appearing on any devices?

FearthePhenom, Feb 13, 2020
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Feb 13, 2020
  4. My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off

Turing off Bluetooth turns on Mobile Hotspot

Hello,

I've just noticed when I turn off Bluetooth on my HP 250 G3 (Intel N3540) Mobile Hotspot turns on. The name of my laptop pops up in the list of available networks, however Hotspot button remains inactive. What gives?

AlecClaire, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off

1. My laptop keeps giving off hotspot but i have it turned off - Similar Threads - laptop keeps giving

2. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  3. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  4. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it: When I look up Wi-fi devices from my phone, I can see a device with my laptop's name on it. I cannot connect to it as it is password protected. The Wi-fi hotspot from my settings is off. And when I turn it on, another hotspot appears. And the previous one disappears.I tried...
  5. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it: When I look up Wi-fi devices from my phone, I can see a device with my laptop's name on it. I cannot connect to it as it is password protected. The Wi-fi hotspot from my settings is off. And when I turn it on, another hotspot appears. And the previous one disappears.I tried...
  6. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My laptop has a hotspot turned on and I can't turn it off or find it

8. windows 10 hotspot keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 hotspot keeps turning off: Hi, I'm having an issue that windows 10 keeps turning off hotspot automatically for no reason I have my phone connected to the hotspot only and then I disconnect my wifi so my phone is connected to pc using hotspot directly without going through the internet to stream...
  9. Mobile hotspot turning off!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  10. My laptop keeps turning off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps turning off randomly: i recently updated my laptop and now it sometimes turnes off. the same hapend not so long ago and i sent it to be fixet. it worked for a while but i recently updated it again and now it is happening again i am thinking of resetting my laptop, and wondering if there are any...