Windows 10: My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when...

Discus and support My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the battery of my laptop decreases quicky and when it reaches 95 from 100 it locks and hibernates itself. this is so annoying. due to this I always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Supercharger1002, Apr 30, 2020.

1. My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when...

the battery of my laptop decreases quicky and when it reaches 95 from 100 it locks and hibernates itself. this is so annoying. due to this I always have to plug in while using which causes superheat generation. pls help me because i have college next week and i need to get this problem fixed up by then

:)

Supercharger1002, Apr 30, 2020
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Apr 30, 2020
  3. liem12345 Win User
    Laptop is dead after hibernation

Hi,

I put my laptop in hibernation and then tried to plug my laptop charger in and the LED light wont turn on.

Then i removed the laptop charger and the computer didnt turn on.

I tried the laptop charger on another laptop and it charged fine.

A few strategies I have tried:

- trying to turn on the laptop while being plugged in and the battery disconnected

- holding down the power button for 30 seconds

- Trying fn+F3, fn + f4 etc

-Taking the battery out for three hours and then putting the battery back in and plugging the charger for 3 hours and holding down the power button for 30 seconds.

If anyone could guide me on next steps I have to do to try and solve this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

liem12345, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when...

Dropped laptop charger; could it be broken?

Have you tried plugging it into the mains (not the PC, just into the wall socket)? My Dell charger has a blue LED in the plug for the PC. If your does and it lights up, then it would seem safe to try it in the PC.

Was it plugged into the PC when you dropped it? The most common 'damage' on a Dell charger seems to be when the plug for the PC get's pulled out of the laptop violently. The centre pin is not for power, it caries an ID signal that the laptop uses to identify the charger. If this wire gets broken inside the plug the laptop can no longer recognise the charger and determine its power output. If that is the case the charger will still power the laptop, but won't charge the battery.

Thema:

My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when...

1. My laptop keeps hibernating and locks down immediately when I plug out my charger even when... - Similar Threads - laptop keeps hibernating

2. When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.: This always had been happening to me for awhile now, I tried to solve the issue but I think I'm doing it wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-my-charger-in-it-locks-or-hibernates/cd2bd241-a95e-4387-9c23-83c1cafb4b27
  3. When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.: This always had been happening to me for awhile now, I tried to solve the issue but I think I'm doing it wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-plug-my-charger-in-it-locks-or-hibernates/cd2bd241-a95e-4387-9c23-83c1cafb4b27
  4. When I plug my charger in it locks or hibernates when its at 15-20% or anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop doesn’t start until I plug in my charger and when I plug out my charger a black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn’t start until I plug in my charger and when I plug out my charger a black...: I just got my ram upgraded. And just after that my laptop isn’t starting until i plug in my charger and when i start it after plugging in when i plug out it says locking and shuts down immediately after that...
  6. Laptop doesn’t start until I plug in my charger and when I plug out my charger a black...

Laptop doesn’t start until I plug in my charger and when I plug out my charger a black...: I just got my ram upgraded. And just after that my laptop isn’t starting until i plug in my charger and when i start it after plugging in when i plug out it says locking and shuts down immediately after that...
  7. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  8. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  9. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger.: Hi,My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger. So i have to keep plug in to use my laptop. If i use on battery, it still alright, but when battery low and i plug in charger again it become BSOD. Please help.My laptop is Hewlett Packard Spectre....
  10. My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop BSOD when I plug in my charger: Issue's in the subject, I keep getting a blue screen of death shortly after plugging in my charger. It only blue screens when I charge my computer, but when the battery is full everything is fine and i can keep it with the charging cable plugged in. I can't charge my laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop locks when on battery power