Windows 10: My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

Discus and support My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shpatti12, Dec 28, 2019.

1. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I left off but its happening quite often now, my version is Windows 10 Pro btw, what should I do?

submitted by /u/Shpatti12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shpatti12, Dec 28, 2019

2. How to remove annoying suggestions on W10 lock screen?

Hi!

Welcome to TenForums!

In the settings, it is called Personalization>Lock Screen and then you would turn this setting off:

My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying! [​IMG]

EyeInTheSky, Dec 28, 2019
  3. jleyroux Win User
    How to remove annoying suggestions on W10 lock screen?

Hello everyone! I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

Just wanted to ask if anyone here knows how to remove some annoying suggestions on the Windows 10 lock screen. I already checked on the lock screen settings but haven't figure out how to remove those suggestions.
    Please check the image below.

Thank you so much in advance!

Greetings!

- - - - -
    Windows 10 / Version 1903

Jean

My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying! [​IMG]

jleyroux, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

1. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying! - Similar Threads - laptop keeps locking

2. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  3. BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker locked my laptop by itself?!: I had big problem with Bitlocker. When turning on, I got my laptop showing blue screen and asking for Bitlocker recovery key. I never activated Bitlocker at all. Then I tried to recover my Win 11 by USB boot in which I had to recover back to Win 10 then update it into Win...
  4. My laptop locks itself for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop locks itself for no reason: So when I am watching some movies or playing games or something my laptop just shows locking in for like a second and then it's just a black screen and I have to turn it on again. It does not shut down or anything but it goes to sleep mode. I thought the battery is what's...
  5. My mouse keeps freezing and its so annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse keeps freezing and its so annoying.: Frequently whenever I move my mouse sometimes it just freezes and i cant move it for like a second and then i can move it again? I think it is because of the batteries probally,please help....
  6. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  8. My laptop keeps locking on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps locking on its own: I think it was the new Windows update, since I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I changed the sleep status to never, I tried updating my display drivers but it still randomly locks. It locks even when I'm using the keyboard, or in a call. Its not even hot some times and...
  9. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  10. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up: My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i don't know anymore) it will lock itself up even after i and i have read online that it may be because my os is not updated and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do windows keep locking by itself

2. windows keep locking itself

3. why is my laptop locking itself

4. laptop keeps locking itself windows 10,
  5. my asus laptop keeps locking,
  6. Windows 10 locking itself,
  7. laptop keeps locking windows 10,
  8. why does my laptop keep locking,
  9. laptop keeps locking automatically,
  10. laptop keeps locking,
  11. win 10 laptop keeps locking itself,