Windows 10: My Laptop Keeps Locking Itself Immidiately After Being Unlocked

Discus and support My Laptop Keeps Locking Itself Immidiately After Being Unlocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This general question of having your screen locked randomly may have been solved before, but I am unable to apply the methods of solving the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheAmazingFirefox, Feb 1, 2020.

1. My Laptop Keeps Locking Itself Immidiately After Being Unlocked

This general question of having your screen locked randomly may have been solved before, but I am unable to apply the methods of solving the issue becauseevery time I unlock my computer it sends me back instantly to the lock screen.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop that runs windows 10 on it. I have no clue how this happened and I tried correlating it to having Qustodio on it, but the app was disabled remotely, as I am unable to do so manually it didn't seem to be the problem sincethe problem was still there.

Answers to a similar problem may be the solution, but they require that I have time to access the settings of the computer, which I don't.

The exact model is Lenovo ThinkPad x240. It has been around one year from purchase and I stopped using it around 5 months ago for a few reasons that include this problem.

Thank you for any help.

:)

TheAmazingFirefox, Feb 1, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Remotely locked my windows 10 laptop, now I cant unlock it

I just locked my laptop remotely. Then my laptop unlocked normally with Windows Hello facial recognition. No change of password required.

@glassyjuice,

Looks like the only way you are going to unlock your laptop is to connect it to the internet and enter your correct Microsoft Account username and password which needs to be an administrator account on the laptop.

NavyLCDR, Feb 1, 2020
  3. kaschiro1 Win User
    unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Feb 1, 2020
  4. yolan7 Win User

My Laptop Keeps Locking Itself Immidiately After Being Unlocked

Nokia 928 lock/unlock feature

Hi,

I have a Nokia 928. I have a lock screen activated. When I hit the side button to unlock my phone, there is no response. If I hold the volume down button long enough to prompt to turn off, then I am able to swipe up and unlock my phone using my code.
    At this point, the following occurred:

• if I hit the lock button my phone will not respond.
    • If i hit the volume up while the phone is unlocked. It states that "Something has changed...hold the volume up button and the lock button to take a screen shot."
    • If I touch the volume down button, the screen will prompt "shut down" by swiping down.

The battery is fully charged. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

yolan7, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop Keeps Locking Itself Immidiately After Being Unlocked

1. My Laptop Keeps Locking Itself Immidiately After Being Unlocked - Similar Threads - Laptop Keeps Locking

2. How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock my laptop after locked it remotely?: Microsoft devices locked my laptop. There is no unlock in the devices section while logged into account on phone. Please tell me how to unlock my laptop. I need access asap. Thanks...
  3. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, I Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account. Now I am unable to login when i click sign in it takes me to the same screenscreen where when we open pc after sleep . I don't wish to format the system.please help...
  4. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, I Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account. Now I am unable to login when i click sign in it takes me to the same screenscreen where when we open pc after sleep . I don't wish to format the system.please help...
  5. How to unlock my laptop after locked remotely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to unlock my laptop after locked remotely?: Hi,I’m using two laptop with Window 10. I used “Find my device” to lock a laptop remotely for testing the funtion only. Now I can not SIGN IN or UNLOCK the locked laptop. Please tell me how to unlock the laptop.Many thanks!...
  6. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  8. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!: Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I left off but its happening quite often now, my version is Windows 10 Pro btw, what should I do? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  9. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  10. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up: My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i don't know anymore) it will lock itself up even after i and i have read online that it may be because my os is not updated and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop locks itself