Windows 10: My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

Discus and support My laptop keeps locking itself while in use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iro_rush, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Iro_rush Win User

My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds of saying "Locking...". I also set my Laptop to never lock so idk what this is. Please help its been annoying.

:)

Iro_rush, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 26, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 26, 2020
  4. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

1. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use - Similar Threads - laptop keeps locking

2. My laptop locks itself for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop locks itself for no reason: So when I am watching some movies or playing games or something my laptop just shows locking in for like a second and then it's just a black screen and I have to turn it on again. It does not shut down or anything but it goes to sleep mode. I thought the battery is what's...
  3. My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen locking itself while I'm using it.: Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen keeps locking me up even if I'm using it. I already changed the time screen and sleep time but it keeps locking me out.To avoid...
  4. My screen locking itself while I'm using it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen locking itself while I'm using it.: Hi,Good day! I have recently updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11 and it looks so great and fresh in my eyes.But when I started using it the screen keeps locking me up even if I'm using it. I already changed the time screen and sleep time but it keeps locking me out.To avoid...
  5. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  6. My Laptop keeps locking while in use.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop keeps locking while in use.: My laptop started locking itself for the first time a month ago, while I was playing a video game. At first i thought this wont matter, because it only happened once, but then it began to lock itself daily and now even multiple times a day. It also at first only locked while...
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself unexpectedly while im using it!

My laptop keeps locking itself unexpectedly while im using it!: Why does my laptop (DELL) keep locking itself while I AM USING it, it happens unexpectedly every 10 mins and its getting really annoying, i cant even watch movies or play games without it being locked lots of times. What could be the problem here? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  8. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!: Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I left off but its happening quite often now, my version is Windows 10 Pro btw, what should I do? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  9. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  10. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up: My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i don't know anymore) it will lock itself up even after i and i have read online that it may be because my os is not updated and...