Windows 10: My laptop keeps locking on its own

Discus and support My laptop keeps locking on its own in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I think it was the new Windows update, since I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I changed the sleep status to never, I tried updating my display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JaymeWoo, Apr 21, 2020.

1. JaymeWoo Win User

My laptop keeps locking on its own

I think it was the new Windows update, since I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I changed the sleep status to never, I tried updating my display drivers but it still randomly locks. It locks even when I'm using the keyboard, or in a call. Its not even hot some times and it just goes to sleep.

:)

JaymeWoo, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 21, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 21, 2020
  4. My laptop keeps locking on its own

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

My laptop keeps locking on its own

1. My laptop keeps locking on its own - Similar Threads - laptop keeps locking

2. My laptop restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop restarts on its own: When I launched Minecraft my laptop was buzzing for like 20 seconds and it automatically restarted, this happens whenever I launch high graphic game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-restarts-on-its-own/87e661c0-3a6e-4f3b-a1a4-5bf99a249c3f
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..: I have to hold press f8 in order to even turn the laptop on and I'll be able to use it but if I let go of the button it says slide down to shut down and immediately shuts down without giving me time to do anything at all. I've tried a few things but they don't seem to work. I...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..

My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..: I have to hold press f8 in order to even turn the laptop on and I'll be able to use it but if I let go of the button it says slide down to shut down and immediately shuts down without giving me time to do anything at all. I've tried a few things but they don't seem to work. I...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down on its own..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own: Recently, my computer will keep scrolling down by itself. It will just scroll to the bottom and it is impossible to scroll up. I don’t use an external mouse and just use the mousepad. I have zero clue on what is causing it but it is unlike that my touchpad is causing it....
  7. Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own

Laptop keeps scrolling down on its own: Recently, my computer will keep scrolling down by itself. It will just scroll to the bottom and it is impossible to scroll up. I don’t use an external mouse and just use the mousepad. I have zero clue on what is causing it but it is unlike that my touchpad is causing it....
  8. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  9. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  10. My Laptop Resested on its Own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Resested on its Own: My work laptop started to slow down yesterday's afternoon and completed frozed. I tried restarting the laptop and it never did, so I went home. Today, I turn on of the laptop and my account is no longer there, but it still asks me for the password. Once I logged, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Toshiba laptop locking itself