Windows 10: MY laptop keeps locking

Discus and support MY laptop keeps locking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few months, my laptop would say locking and then shut off. I don't know why it happens but it's really annoying. Can I get help with this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NinaAgyeman, Jan 15, 2021.

1. MY laptop keeps locking

For the past few months, my laptop would say locking and then shut off. I don't know why it happens but it's really annoying. Can I get help with this?

:)

NinaAgyeman, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 15, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 15, 2021
  4. MY laptop keeps locking

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

MY laptop keeps locking

1. MY laptop keeps locking - Similar Threads - laptop keeps locking

2. Laptop keeps locking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop keeps locking: My laptop keeps locking after only a matter of seconds asking me to keep logging in, as a result I'm not being able to alter anything. Is there a way around this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-locking/3b12a875-bf7b-4f8f-93aa-2193f0805536
  3. Laptop keeps locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps locking: My laptop keeps locking after only a matter of seconds asking me to keep logging in, as a result I'm not being able to alter anything. Is there a way around this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-locking/3b12a875-bf7b-4f8f-93aa-2193f0805536
  4. Laptop keeps locking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps auto hibernating/locking: I am having trouble with my laptop that keeps hibernating/locking itself. I have tried a past method on your website which doesn’t seem to be working for me either....
  6. My Laptop keeps locking while in use.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop keeps locking while in use.: My laptop started locking itself for the first time a month ago, while I was playing a video game. At first i thought this wont matter, because it only happened once, but then it began to lock itself daily and now even multiple times a day. It also at first only locked while...
  7. My laptop keeps locking...

My laptop keeps locking...: So recently my laptop has been randomly locking and draining the battery to 0. 30% to 0% in an instant. Usually it happens when it is running something relatively hard, as its cooling. But even just when I'm browsing YouTube I will hear the cooling and then a locking screen....
  8. My laptop keeps locking on its own

My laptop keeps locking on its own: I think it was the new Windows update, since I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I changed the sleep status to never, I tried updating my display drivers but it still randomly locks. It locks even when I'm using the keyboard, or in a call. Its not even hot some times and...
  9. laptop keeps on locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop keeps on locking: around 3 weeks after i upgraded my laptop to win 10 it just keeps on locking randomly (btw the laptop has a broken battier so let me know if its something with that) submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...
  10. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....