Windows 10: My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

Discus and support My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I brought my laptop from Korea and while I was in Korea, it worked really well. Even after I arrived in U.S it worked pretty well with other types of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lemon_Mist, Aug 29, 2019.

1. My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

I brought my laptop from Korea and while I was in Korea, it worked really well. Even after I arrived in U.S it worked pretty well with other types of wifi. Now I arrived at the university campus and I am having an issue with wifi connection. When I try to connect my laptop to university wifi, it tries to connect to the wifi and all of sudden the wifi adapter just disables itself for about 2 seconds and it shows 'Can not connect to this network' message. I first thought there might be a hardware problem or software problem. So I tried my laptop to connect with my phone's hotspot, and it worked. I moved on to the driver issue and installed the latest driver for my lan card, and it is still doing the same thing. I also asked the school technical support center about the issue and they even say they have no idea. Is it normal that the laptop can't connect just to the certain wifi? I actually have my galaxy smartphone and Dell gaming laptop and those are all working well with my university wifi, only the Lenovo laptop is keep refusing to connect to it. Also strange thing is that it is not only refusing to connect to the secured wifi but also the guest wifi without any lock, which is also offered by my university. Any help please? Thank you.

:)

Lemon_Mist, Aug 29, 2019
  2. tmork Win User

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, Aug 29, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Go see the campus IT gods that handle student network issues. They are there for a reason and may have to redo the setup to allow your unit to connect to the campus network if there was something they had to do before.

Also they can lock out a computer that flags on the system as an issue, and again go see the IT gods on campus.

bro67, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Nghia93 Win User

My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

Problems with University Wifi connection

Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection and then get kicked off the network. Then when I try to reconnect to the wifi it will not let me in anymore as it just says can't connect to this network.
    I have tried turning wifi on and off and as well as forgetting the network but it still doesn't work. The only small fix I was able to find is forget the network and then restart my laptop and it fixes it only temporarily. My brother who has the exact same laptop as me does not have any issues with the wifi at the university except me. I have no troubles with the wifi at home as well just seems to be the problem at school.

If anyone knows a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated!

I am using an Asus X53E laptop with Windows 10, 64-bit OS
    The network adapter in my laptop is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter and it is running on the latest version which is 10.0.0.326

Nghia93, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

1. My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi - Similar Threads - laptop keeps connecting

2. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  3. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  4. Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working: This issue started a few weeks ago, before that it was fine. But now as soon as it connects the driver crashes.The driver restarts but crashes again as soon as it connects. It'll do this on a loop till it stops restarting and the network adapter shows code 10 in the device...
  5. Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working

Connecting to my university wifi makes my wifi and bluetooth driver stop working: This issue started a few weeks ago, before that it was fine. But now as soon as it connects the driver crashes.The driver restarts but crashes again as soon as it connects. It'll do this on a loop till it stops restarting and the network adapter shows code 10 in the device...
  6. My laptop is not connecting to the WiFi

My laptop is not connecting to the WiFi: Hi, I have received a issue where my laptop does not want to connect to the WiFi and when I try to connect via the taskbar it does not show the symbol when I Troubleshoot it says The IntelR wireless-AC 9461 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problem. Can...
  7. Problems with University Wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with University Wifi connection: Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection and then get kicked off the network. Then when I try to reconnect to the wifi it will not let me in anymore as it just says...
  8. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection: Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection...
  9. No wifi connection on my laptop

No wifi connection on my laptop: Hey guys, I'm running the latest Windows 10 1709 build, with latest updates. I have an Hp Folio 9470M laptop and last night my wifi icon at the bottom was gone. I can connect by Ethernet but no option for wireless connectivity. Going into the network settings, there is...
  10. Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi: Hello, as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible". to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list...