Windows 10: my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting

Discus and support my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting,why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nantegeasia, Dec 23, 2021.

1. my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting

my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting,why?

:)

nantegeasia, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Dec 23, 2021
  3. Dano 00TA Win User
    Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Dec 23, 2021
  4. my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting

Critical error start menu and Cortana

Hi Tommy,

What is the full error message displayed?

If the Start menu and Cortana is displaying errors or not responding, then I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if the same behavior is noticed. If yes, then I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    • If EITHER command does not show a good outcome, we need to stop and repair Windows. We have 3 options:
    • Reset: If possible, remove Antivirus/Sec Software and perform a Reset (keeping data and settings). You will need to reinstall apps with this option.
    • If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt.
    • If you see a red error, then the command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be an larger problem with Windows 10. Try again.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved.
    • If not, restart the PC.In this case try as a new administrator user account.

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Dec 23, 2021
Thema:

my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting

1. my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting - Similar Threads - laptop keeps reseting

2. Hi, I factory reset my laptop and after that it keep showing the logo of asus and it keeps...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi, I factory reset my laptop and after that it keep showing the logo of asus and it keeps...: Please help me, thank you : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-factory-reset-my-laptop-and-after-that-it/3765eb09-d524-4824-ae4b-c84e8ae61989
  3. Hi, I factory reset my laptop and after that it keep showing the logo of asus and it keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I factory reset my laptop and after that it keep showing the logo of asus and it keeps...: Please help me, thank you : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-factory-reset-my-laptop-and-after-that-it/3765eb09-d524-4824-ae4b-c84e8ae61989
  4. Hi, I factory reset my laptop and after that it keep showing the logo of asus and it keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The laptop keeps freezing and show bsod errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop keeps freezing and show bsod errors: HiI have a Lenovo v310 15isk laptop and recently I have installed a new m.2 SSD on it vaskey ssd I have installed the system on it After a while from windows installation maybe 2 days I started to face this bsod errors : 1 - unexpected store exception 2 - critical processe...
  6. The laptop keeps freezing and show bsod errors

The laptop keeps freezing and show bsod errors: HiI have a Lenovo v310 15isk laptop and recently I have installed a new m.2 SSD on it vaskey ssd I have installed the system on it After a while from windows installation maybe 2 days I started to face this bsod errors : 1 - unexpected store exception 2 - critical processe...
  7. The laptop keeps freezing and show bsod errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting

my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting: my laptop keeps on reseting and showing errors on starting,why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-reseting-and-showing-errors-on/0df793c4-ff25-4495-82be-70a3e8b6d8a1
  9. Laptop keeps resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps resetting: So my laptop keeps crashing and it freezes so I restart it and let it power back on. However, when I turn it on, I enter my password but then all my files and all my settings are gone. It's like everything except my Microsoft account was deleted....
  10. My laptop is showing this instead of starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop is showing this instead of starting: My laptop is showing this instead of starting.. how to exit from this and start the window 10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-showing-this-instead-of-starting/e6806720-9a35-49f5-b36c-0b051e9361d2