Windows 10: My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

Discus and support My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HieronimusIvan Setiawan, Jul 7, 2018.

1. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

My laptop keeps locking itself up randomly even when i am writing this, everytime i press the windows button or the spacebar or shift or anyhting (i don't know anymore) it will lock itself up even after i and i have read online that it may be because my os is not updated and i have tried updating the windows but it keeps failing. Everytime it lock itself up there are certain keys that are being unable to be used in the lock screen like enter and spacebar and everytime i press u it always pop up and says make your windows easier to use which is SOOO ANNOYING and i press windows+t to be able to press u again, pressing spacebar will pop up keyboard options. I don't know man, this is driving me insane

Everytime it always asks me to restart and the updates are not even installed, it always fails to install the update but it keeps always asking to restart because the updates is listed on windows updates but it always fails over and over again. I tried to download the install myself and do it manually but when i did that it said that the update is not compatible with my machine, so what's wrong here?

I totally am clueless and desperate. I want to do Fresh Start but I am in the middle of a college task and i can't afford to do it now. Keep in mind that this problem has been going for months since early this year but I ignored up until now, I am done out of options. Here are my specifications:

- Lenovo Ideapad 310 14-IKB Intel Core i5-7200U

- Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1709 Build 16299.192

The update which always fails to be installed automatically is 2018-06 Windows Cumulative Update For Version 1709 (KB4074588)

I got the creators update last year but i don't think that i got the creators update this year i think.

If you have anything to help me please let me know, this is driving me crazy

*note: as i am wrting this down seems like more keys being jacked up because i didn't have anything wrong with my keyboard when logged in but it suddenly pops out of nowhere especially everytime i press shift. please help me fix this annoying ****

:)

HieronimusIvan Setiawan, Jul 7, 2018

2. MY LAPTOP KEEPS LOCKING RANDOMLY

SO, LATELY MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN LOCKING ITSELF RANDOMLY SINCE I'VE SWITCHED FROM WINDOWS 8 TO WINDOWS 10. MY LAPTOP LOCKS ITSELF ABOUT EVERY 30 MINUTES OR SO. THIS HAPPENS A LOT WHEN I'M WATCHING A MOVIE, WHICH PROBABLY DOESN'T MAKE
    SENSE. EVEN WHEN I AM USING MY KEYBOARD OR MOUSE, IT WILL JUST LOCK AND GO TO MY SLIDESHOW. FROM THERE, I HAVE TO LOG BACK IN. BASICALLY, AS IF I WERE TO LOG IN FROM THE SLEEP MODE. I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS STARTED BUT IT'S MAKING ME WANT TO JUST THROW MY LAPTOP
    ACROSS THE ROOM. HEEEEELLLPPPP!!!!

Elisa Siofele-Ropati, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 7, 2018
  4. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up

1. My Laptop Keeps Randomly Locking Itself Up - Similar Threads - Laptop Keeps Randomly

2. My laptop locks itself for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop locks itself for no reason: So when I am watching some movies or playing games or something my laptop just shows locking in for like a second and then it's just a black screen and I have to turn it on again. It does not shut down or anything but it goes to sleep mode. I thought the battery is what's...
  3. My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keep locking itself randomly , my drivers are updated , my power options is set...: Hi I have did everything to stop the laptop to lock itself randomly. I do not know what else can be done because my window is updated fully , display adapter updated too and power options is set to never hence I do not know what else is causing this problem. I do not...
  4. Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keeps locking itself and restarting: Idk why but my laptop keeps locking itself in the middle of a game but its like my laptop islow on specs, its average running amd ryzen 7 with 8 gb ram but for some odd reason it just lock itself without a warning. Its just too sudden My game runs smoothly but idk why plz...
  5. My laptop keeps locking itself while in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps locking itself while in use: For whatever reason, my laptop keeps locking itself when I play games, and no, its not overheating. The specs were built to withstand heavy gaming, with a gpu of 1660ti. Whenever it locks itself, it doesn't show any slideshows or pictures. It just shuts down after 2 seconds...
  6. Screen locks itself randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen locks itself randomly: My laptop started locking itself randomly while in use. I notice this change since I made update last week. I checked my power settings and nothing has changed. My laptop is set to "NEVER" sleep on battery and when plugged in. I also checked the advanced settings,...
  7. My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps locking itself and its annoying!: Why does my laptop keep locking itself, it happens every almost 10mins and its getting quite annoying. After locking itself I keep using it where I left off but its happening quite often now, my version is Windows 10 Pro btw, what should I do? submitted by /u/Shpatti12...
  8. My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps On Locking Itself.: So i opened up my laptop, then suddenly it won’t turn on. And when it did, whenever i typed in my pin, it would also automatically lock. Is my battery dead? It’d really frustrating since i can’t get to use it....
  9. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda
  10. Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.: Just got a new laptop from Xtoic PC, The Model is a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219, I received a defective adapter , it died in 1 day of use, so I had to purchase new one from AMAZON the brand of the adapter was HP and has the same watts and amps, I used it on the laptop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intelcomputer keeps locking uplaptop