Windows 10: My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down.

Discus and support My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got my laptop last year, but ever since I first had it, every time it shut down due to an update or crash, when ever I'd turn it back on everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ColonelDust, Mar 2, 2021.

1. My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down.

I got my laptop last year, but ever since I first had it, every time it shut down due to an update or crash, when ever I'd turn it back on everything seems to have been set back to their default settings.

My desktop image and colors are gone, and I have to manually set them back up every time. I have to re-login to all my accounts- including Google, Steam, Discord, Amazon, etc.

All the Google Chrome tabs that I leave open for School purposes are gone and I have to manually relaunch them. For a while I was willing to put up with this, but recently when I played Minecraft for a bit, and after my laptop updated, I lost that Minecraft world that I spent many hours working in.

If there's anyway for me to prevent this from happening I'd love to know! This occurrence has made me afraid of updating this laptop for a while now, and I'm always pushing back on new updates even if I know I need them.

I want to be able to be okay with my laptop updating/shutting down as long as I don't lose all my progress with whatever I have open!

Hopefully there's a simple solution to all this! Thank you for your time.

:)

ColonelDust, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Dano 00TA Win User

Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Louie Del Win User
    My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Mar 2, 2021
  4. My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down.

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down.

1. My Laptop keeps resetting after updates and sometimes even when it shuts down. - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps resetting

2. Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!: The title says it allThe laptop shuts down- with a warning that comes a split second before it shuts down. Honestly, that isn't enough time to turn on the switch. The last time this happened, my HP laptop had more than 40% charging I'm sure and yet!My earlier post regarding...
  3. Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!: The title says it allThe laptop shuts down- with a warning that comes a split second before it shuts down. Honestly, that isn't enough time to turn on the switch. The last time this happened, my HP laptop had more than 40% charging I'm sure and yet!My earlier post regarding...
  4. Laptop shuts down even when there's enough battery!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down: My laptop keeps crashing when I shut down. I have tried every solution I found online like turning off fast startup and updating drivers but nothing seems to work. I have found the crash dump file MEMORY.DMP and it's almost 2 GB in size. I don't know what to do if anyone can...
  6. My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime: HiI have a PC with intel CORE i5 and windows 7 Ultimate installed in it. My problem is my PC automatically shuts down after some time and my USB drivers are also not getting installed. So, what should i do? Should i need to get a latest window or is there any solution of...
  7. My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer suddenly shuts down after sometime: HiI have a PC with intel CORE i5 and windows 7 Ultimate installed in it. My problem is my PC automatically shuts down after some time and my USB drivers are also not getting installed. So, what should i do? Should i need to get a latest window or is there any solution of...
  8. My Computer Keeps shutting down sometimes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Keeps shutting down sometimes.: I have uploaded the info and dump file via the link below:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZ3H5mNA0PqgYoNMMrerVhxWsAcUA?e=TduNfWHere's the thing: my PC sometimes shuts down. It can be without any signs and always happens with a sudden. The screen freezes and any input by mouse or...
  9. MY LAPTOP KEEPS ON SHUTTING DOWN EVEN WHEN I HAVE 70% CHARGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY LAPTOP KEEPS ON SHUTTING DOWN EVEN WHEN I HAVE 70% CHARGE: so basically my hp spectre (not 360 )keeps on turning off randomly but when i plug it in it turns on when it closes it says Locking.... and then when i plug it in and charge it tells me something about the battery in like a code font and thats it tell me what i should do...
  10. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...