Windows 10: My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

Discus and support My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mostly after big updates it would restart and I would come to realize most of the stuff I had downloaded was gone, but not the stuff i paid for. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FrostedPremium, Jul 16, 2020.

1. My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

Mostly after big updates it would restart and I would come to realize most of the stuff I had downloaded was gone, but not the stuff i paid for. I just want my saved passwords back so even if there’s no way to revert my laptop back to its old shape, i would still appreciate help on how to get saved passwords back on my account. I don’t know if this is a common issue and i’m just dumb, or if this is a hardware problem, or something else. My laptop is a lenovo windows 10 laptop if that helps. please help :c

submitted by /u/FrostedPremium
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FrostedPremium, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 16, 2020
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

Thema:

My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why

1. My laptop keeps resetting and I have no idea why - Similar Threads - laptop keeps resetting

2. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.: Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but...
  3. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.: Specs: CPU: Intel i7-12700KFGPU: AMD Radeon RX 7600Motherboard: MAG B660M Mortar WIFI DDR4PSU: Corsair RM850eOS: Windows 10Note: All of the parts are new.I have a friend who's PC keeps consistently shutting off. When it shuts off, it doesn't show a Blue Screen of Death, but...
  4. Computer keeps shutting off and I have no idea why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I have to keep network resetting and why has it stopped working for my laptop recently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to keep network resetting and why has it stopped working for my laptop recently?: Since I have gotten my laptop I have had issues running networks and have to troubleshoot my network repeatedly and recently that solution has stopped working. I have used this website to find possible solutions but each one seem to not work for me. I have went onto device...
  6. Why do I have to keep network resetting and why has it stopped working for my laptop recently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to keep network resetting and why has it stopped working for my laptop recently?: Since I have gotten my laptop I have had issues running networks and have to troubleshoot my network repeatedly and recently that solution has stopped working. I have used this website to find possible solutions but each one seem to not work for me. I have went onto device...
  7. Random BlSOD and I have no idea why

Random BlSOD and I have no idea why: I've got a Dell laptop with windows 10. For the past 2 weeks or so I've had a BSOD problem. I'm doing work and then a random blue screen happens with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. Then when it restarts I see three lines, one says no bootable device, second one is to go in BIOS...
  8. Any ideas why I keep BSOD

Any ideas why I keep BSOD: HI, My computer keeps blue screening. The link below has 5 different memory dumps with .txt appended as well as the System event log. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah9ZJ7cjGY9shcNFKE8O5bG_1LxhrA?e=0hMGrZ I ran a memory test for 36 hours and everything passed. I ran SFC and...
  9. My mouse cursor keeps glitching out and I have no idea why

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse cursor keeps glitching out and I have no idea why: Fresh new install of windows, Brand new Ryzen 3800X system My mouse cursor will every now and then glitch out to look like the attached image which is like 2 coloured pixels with a large gap between Any help will be hugely appreciated [IMG]...
  10. Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Xbox Enforcement - i have no idea why: I used to be on Xbox, like 6 months ago, I haven't played or chatted with anyone on Xbox since, I am on PC now. I am logged into Windows with the same outlook account as my Xbox but the Windows 10 app literally doesn't work for me it crashes so I am unable to chat to or...