Windows 10: My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

Discus and support My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paul Keri, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Paul Keri Win User

My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver is the problem. My processor is an i3-8130u. Can someone help me. Or even fix the error?

:)

Paul Keri, Nov 11, 2022
  2. TimXB Win User

Laptop Shuts Down When it Enters Sleep Mode

Thanks for the reply, but the Power troubleshooter only came up with the solution to change my power plan. I changed it, but my laptop still won't sleep properly. It keeps doing a hard shut down. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TimXB, Nov 11, 2022
  3. SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 11, 2022
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 11, 2022
Thema:

My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

1. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep. - Similar Threads - laptop keeps shutting

2. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  3. My PC shuts down when put to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down when put to sleep: My PC shuts down when put to sleep, whenever I start-up but I don't login the sleep works just fine but when I login it doesn't work. When I put it to sleep the screen turns off and goes into sleep mode and I can hear something shut down I think it's the hard drive but the...
  4. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  6. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  7. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  8. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...