Windows 10: My laptop keeps shutting itself off

Discus and support My laptop keeps shutting itself off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is a Hewlett Packard 14s-dp1504na. This seems like a serious problem. If I leave my laptop for any length of time it just turns itself off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShadowLad, Jan 21, 2021.

1. ShadowLad Win User

My laptop keeps shutting itself off

My laptop is a Hewlett Packard 14s-dp1504na.

This seems like a serious problem. If I leave my laptop for any length of time it just turns itself off.

An example of this was when I turned the laptop over to read the model as written on the bottom, so that I could include the model in this message, by the time I flipped it back over and opened the laptop lid, it had already shut itself off.

I have just recently updated all the drivers and the BIOS via the downloads on the Hewlett Packard website.

I would like to see a log file showing me why it is shutting itself off. What else can I do?

:)

ShadowLad, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Louie Del Win User

My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 21, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. My laptop keeps shutting itself off - Similar Threads - laptop keeps shutting

2. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  3. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting off my router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting off my router: Every time I use my laptop Lenovo ThinPad my WiFi router turns off, and everything on the WiFi gets disconnected. None of my other devices turn off the router, it's just my laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting off my router

My laptop keeps shutting off my router: Every time I use my laptop Lenovo ThinPad my WiFi router turns off, and everything on the WiFi gets disconnected. None of my other devices turn off the router, it's just my laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  6. Gateway Laptop continues to shut itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway Laptop continues to shut itself off: Hello, I had to turn my PC out of S Mode in order to complete schooling that I was doing online. Ever since I did this, my Gateway computer running Windows 11 continues to shut off randomly and it takes 3-4 reboots to actually get the computer back to the login screen. The...
  7. Gateway Laptop continues to shut itself off

Gateway Laptop continues to shut itself off: Hello, I had to turn my PC out of S Mode in order to complete schooling that I was doing online. Ever since I did this, my Gateway computer running Windows 11 continues to shut off randomly and it takes 3-4 reboots to actually get the computer back to the login screen. The...
  8. laptop keeps shutting itself down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keeps shutting itself down?: i have windows 10 my laptop shuts down by itself all the time, but ive noticed 2 patterns in this 1st one is that it shuts itself down immediatly after it goes into low power mode yknow like when its below 20% or whenever it goes into low power mode, ir doesnt even give me...
  9. my computer shuts off by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer shuts off by itself: when I am in the middle of anything, the computer shuts down, sometime 2 or 3 times in a row. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shuts-off-by-itself/43529e2f-d12e-485f-9889-b3188933af18
  10. HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself: My HP Pavilion x360 Convertible randomly shuts down by itself and now says "no battery is detected". I've got an online test coming up so please help me with what I can do to fix this. Thank you...