Windows 10: My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

Discus and support My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep on getting a "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lara maco, Aug 11, 2022.

1. lara maco Win User

My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

I keep on getting a "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.27.0.0"Also, I ran a windows update troubleshooter and it would say ''Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem''I tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that message. Please if you know the issue and how to solve it let me know. Thank you.

:)

lara maco, Aug 11, 2022
  2. PixelLyro Win User

My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.

The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"

I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that message. If anyone knows the solution, please tell me. Thanks in advance.

PixelLyro, Aug 11, 2022
  3. My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Aug 11, 2022
  4. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other mobile phones.

Thanks for getting back, Dee. Since only the mobile devices connected via Wi-Fi Direct following the steps above, then I suggest that you try adding your mobile device on your laptop. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Click Add Bluetooth or other device.
    3. Under Add a device, select Everything else.
    4. Once your mobile phone appears, select it.
    5. Click Done when finished.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

1. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device - Similar Threads - laptop keeps telling

2. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  3. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  4. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device

My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device: I keep on getting a "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.27.0.0"Also, I ran a windows update troubleshooter and it would say...
  5. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.: I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that...
  6. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.: I keep on getting "restart required" notification every time I boot my Lenovo laptop up.The notification says "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. Lenovo System Firmware 1.13.0.0"I have tried restarting my laptop but it keeps on showing me that...
  7. My laptop keeps telling me to restart it to finish setting up device.

8. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Support
    Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Hello, Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up. 1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but it will continue to load to the desktop eventually. 2. Once I get to the desktop, I see the following message: Your pc...
  9. finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps

in Windows 10 Support
    finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps: I noticed after Windows 10 restart when I'd left my apps open that they re-opened... which I don't want. (side-note: I usually close them first due to weird issues in Windows 7, but I noticed that I'm not having that issue in 10 now) I found the toggle for the setting in...
  10. Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting "restart to finish setting up devices": I just got a new Surface Book 2 (15 inch, i7, GTX1060). Took quite a while to install all the updates (including 1803), and now I keep getting an alert every time I turn on that asks me to restart the computer to finish setting up devices. The device manager shows the...