Windows 10: My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio

Discus and support My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to get a pop-up on my laptop if I wanted to change my headphones to an installed microphone or headphones every time I plug it into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FaithYingil, Mar 11, 2019.

1. My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio

I used to get a pop-up on my laptop if I wanted to change my headphones to an installed microphone or headphones every time I plug it into the computer.
    I don't seem to get the pop-up anymore, and it's really hard when you only have a singular plug-port instead of multiple.

I didn't even disable notifications or have any remembrance of doing so?
    How do I change the audio selection for my laptop, instead of having it hard-stuck the on microphone for every headphone I plug into it?

My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio [​IMG]

:)

FaithYingil, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 11, 2019
  3. SupaCrow Win User
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Mar 11, 2019
  4. mnsdfhrug Win User

My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio c05240717.jpg

1. USB 2.0: 2
    2. LAN (Ethernet)
    3. HDMI out
    4. USB 3.0: 2
    5. Audio: Line in
    6. Audio: Line out
    7. Audio: Microphone
    Here are photos of the front and back of one of the HP pavilion desktops. As seen on the front, you can only plug in headphones, but not microphone so I can't use that. Looking at the back, I'm not sure what audio line in and line out means. Microphone can probably work with slot 7 but I'm not sure about the headphones.

I need the headphone and microphone ports to be very close to each other, so I can plug in a typical headset.

mnsdfhrug, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio

1. My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio - Similar Threads - laptop keeps using

2. Headphone microphone problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone problems with my laptop: I have a Dell G15 Laptop, everything is in perfect shape except that it wont allow me to use my headphone mic. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 2 and somehow there's no microphone input for my headphone's mic other than microphone array. I've tried reinstalling/updating the...
  3. Headphone microphone problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone problems with my laptop: I have a Dell G15 Laptop, everything is in perfect shape except that it wont allow me to use my headphone mic. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 2 and somehow there's no microphone input for my headphone's mic other than microphone array. I've tried reinstalling/updating the...
  4. My microphone detects audio from my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone detects audio from my headphones: I have no idea how to fix it, googled everything , still no answer, no its not "Listen to this device" problem, so please someone help me if they have an idea what could fix it....
  5. Microphone is using my headphone audio instead of picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is using my headphone audio instead of picking up my voice: Hello, I have had this extremely bizarre problem that I cant find a fix for anywhere online. Basically, instead of using the audio the microphone is supposed to pick up from my voice, it is using the sound that my headphones are emmitting, as if I was the one making that...
  6. My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.

My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.: I have a pair of Apple Earbuds headphones with a microphone and a 3.5mm jack and an MSI GT75 Titan. When I plug the headphones into the "headphone" jack, I can hear sound through them instead of the onboard speakers, but when I plug them into the microphone jack, my laptop...
  7. Using Microphone stops my audio

Using Microphone stops my audio: Hi there, I've been having problems with my JBL Charge 3 Speaker which comes with a built in microphone. I've been using this with Zoom for the whole covid lockdown period and it has been working fine the last 3 months. Suddenly when i turn on Zoom, all my audio from the...
  8. My Microphone is picking up my headphone audio

My Microphone is picking up my headphone audio: My microphone seems to be taking the audio output from my headphones and using it as a microphone input. When I am on discord with my friends they can hear everything that happens in my headphones through my microphone and i know it isn't just echoing because i unplugged the...
  9. Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?

Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?: Hi. I'm on a new-ish dell laptop (windows 10), and whenver I plug in headphones (audiojack) that have a microphone, the mic is never detected by the computer. I've never had this issue with other computers (Mac). I don't know what else to say other than that I've looked...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...