Windows 10: My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone

Discus and support My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop keeps repeating the same mistake all over again. At first, the microphone works like a charm, but when i unplugged the mic to use it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hir0Cyn, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Hir0Cyn Win User

My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone

My laptop keeps repeating the same mistake all over again. At first, the microphone works like a charm, but when i unplugged the mic to use it for something else and plug it back in, the laptop can't seem to recognize it. I need to restart the laptop every time i want to use my external mic again. Is there a way to fix this? Oh and somehow i cant seem to open realtek audio manager. Wonder if it has anything to do with my mic. Can somebody help me please?

:)

Hir0Cyn, Sep 16, 2021
  2. desgnr Win User

Microphone Problem

Lenovo S210 Touch Laptop ,Windows 10
    My internal Microphone won't work,Tried Everything!
    External Microphone Work's fine!
    Any Suggestion's Appreciated!

desgnr, Sep 16, 2021
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Sep 16, 2021
  4. My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone

1. My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone - Similar Threads - laptop kept using

2. Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio...
  3. Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio...
  4. Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.: I'm having this problem for quite a while now. I've been using my Galaxy A51's earphone on my laptop, but it keeps using its own crappy microphone instead of the earphone's microphone. I tried using instructions on how to switch microphones but it only has the option...
  6. My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore

My external USB microphone used to be recognized on my laptop but isn't anymore: I downloaded Voicemeeter banana a while ago and a few days/weeks after that, windows didn't see the microphone anymore. I can't see it in device manager and sound settings as well....
  7. Use an external microphone

Use an external microphone: I am trying to plug in my Boya microphone into my surface pro and when getting on zoom it still only uses microphone in computer. I have tried to look in input settings and I can't choose this microphone. I looked in settings and enabled apps to use. I don't know how to find?...
  8. windows thinks that my headphones are speakers, and uses the laptop microphone instead of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows thinks that my headphones are speakers, and uses the laptop microphone instead of...: anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/DeathSquad2098 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf6bg0/windows_thinks_that_my_headphones_are_speakers/
  9. I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets...

I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets...: I have no clue how to make it pick up my headset microphone instead of using the built in microphone. It was working fine two days ago and then now I've had awful audio problems. The speakers on the outside of the laptop stopped working and had tons of static. I reset the...
  10. my computer is not detecting my external microphone

my computer is not detecting my external microphone: I have a ko8-2 microphone from Zeal Sound and my computer refuses to detect it I've tried to run mmsys.cpl as well as winver I cant uninstall the driver because the device does not even show up in the sound video and game controllers tab I've followed multiple threads to no...