Windows 10: My laptop key won't work

Discus and support My laptop key won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right platform to ask for help on this but I'll try anyway. So recently a sibling accidentally took off the "W" key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WizKid165, May 31, 2020.

1. WizKid165 Win User

My laptop key won't work

I don't know if this is the right platform to ask for help on this but I'll try anyway.

So recently a sibling accidentally took off the "W" key from my laptop. I followed youtube tutorials on taking out the 2 plastic pieces that surround the rubbery circle and I removed them without damaging them. After that I noticed there was a little dirty under there so I cleaned most of the dirt out. I carefully placed both plastics back inside and it made a click sound so I know I did it right. Finally I put the "W" key back on top and pressed down hoping it would be fixed. Now the key is stuck downwards. Usually a key is up and you're able to press it down so it registers, but in my case it's as if it's always being pressed down but the key isn't registering, so it's not constantly spamming "W". I don't know what to do. I can't use my "W" key. Any help on this is appreciated.

:)

WizKid165, May 31, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, May 31, 2020
  4. My laptop key won't work

laptop function keys won't work

Hey lads.

Me mum is having some problems with her laptop.
    Her function keys won't work for her anymore?

Would anyone have any ideas as to why this has happened?

Irish_PXzyan, May 31, 2020
Thema:

My laptop key won't work

1. My laptop key won't work - Similar Threads - laptop key won't

2. Why won't my laptop work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't my laptop work?: Hello! so basically I have an old laptop it's called the lenovo T430 i5 14 thinkpad I went on google and searched something and clicked on an ad and downloaded a virus by mistake , at first the virus didn't do anything to my laptop so i deleted it after that I went to play a...
  3. My laptop won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't work: I updated my laptop recently . And it asks as choose an option when I turn onAnd when I select "continue to windows" It comes to the same interface. What can ido? And I reset my PC also but it didn't work....
  4. My laptop won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't work: I updated my laptop recently . And it asks as choose an option when I turn onAnd when I select "continue to windows" It comes to the same interface. What can ido? And I reset my PC also but it didn't work....
  5. My laptop won't press @ key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't press @ key: My laptop won't press @ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-press-key/3bfdbe72-85f4-4cf0-a85c-9ca528be844c
  6. My laptop won't press @ key

My laptop won't press @ key: My laptop won't press @ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-press-key/3bfdbe72-85f4-4cf0-a85c-9ca528be844c
  7. Some keys on my laptop are not working.

Some keys on my laptop are not working.: Hello,I have encountered a problem where some keys on my laptop's keyboard don't work, but this issue only occurs when the laptop gets heated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-my-laptop-are-not-working/8e76c196-41d3-4739-a55b-4c963b37e73f
  8. Some of my laptop keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some of my laptop keys are not working: Hi guys, some of my laptop keys stopped working, I've tried all the standard solutions like updating drivers, uninstallng drivers, I even clean installed windows 10 from 11. I feel like there might be something wrong in registry as there is upperfilters in keyboard section by...
  9. Bluetooth won't work in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth won't work in my laptop: The blue tooth function disappeared from my laptop a few months after I bought it and I reckon it was a windows update that caused it to disappear but even after updating it to the newest driver, doing system restore, etc. it sill won't work :'( My hardware for sure has blue...
  10. Laptop won't work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't work.: I just started my laptop and logged myself in when suddenly it started showing me "Hello" and "This could take a few minutes". Nothing special I thought, just was a little confused that it didn't update after I started the laptop, but right after was logging in. Now the...