Windows 10: My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

Discus and support My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Till now I have tried the following; 1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and keyboard drivers. 2. Disabling the "/" key but it still types... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Advait_99, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Advait_99 Win User

My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

Till now I have tried the following;

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and keyboard drivers.

2. Disabling the "/" key but it still types randomly.

3. Connecting an external keyboard but the issue still persists.

4. Resetting the device but kept all files intact.

The problem is still present and I would really love some help.

Thank you!

I am on windows 10

:)

Advait_99, Sep 17, 2020

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Ticked Win User

My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on... - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard touchpad

2. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.: About a month ago my laptop lost charge during my commute. Upon charging and start up I could not access my computer since my keyboard and touchpad were not responsive and only the power button would respond. The computer would sometimes display a blue screen with the 'DPC...
  6. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.: About a month ago my laptop lost charge during my commute. Upon charging and start up I could not access my computer since my keyboard and touchpad were not responsive and only the power button would respond. The computer would sometimes display a blue screen with the 'DPC...
  7. Keyboard, touchpad and wifi adapter malfunction.

8. KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION ON LAPTOP

KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION ON LAPTOP: Hi Please help. My "ESC", "2", "F1", "F2" do not work. However, it works if I press it simultaneously with another key. For example, pressing "1" and "2" at the same will actually produce "12". But when pressing just "2", nothing will happen. Note: I've tried:1. uninstalling>...
  9. Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a windows 10. I spilled water slightly on my touchpad, and now I cannot move my mouse, it spazzes out and I have to use the touch screen to click on anything. I cleaned up the water on the touchpad and whatever fell on the keyboard as well, but my keyboard is working...
  10. malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

malfunctioning of laptop keyboard: After installing drivers in my Compaq cq58, some keys on the keyboard are not responding. I tried uninstalling the new driver, the problem worsens. What could be the possible reason and solution to this....