Windows 10: My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

Discus and support My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Till now I have tried the following; 1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and keyboard drivers. 2. Disabling the "/" key but it still types... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Advait_99, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Advait_99 Win User

My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

Till now I have tried the following;

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and keyboard drivers.

2. Disabling the "/" key but it still types randomly.

3. Connecting an external keyboard but the issue still persists.

4. Resetting the device but kept all files intact.

The problem is still present and I would really love some help.

Thank you!

I am on windows 10

:)

Advait_99, Sep 17, 2020

2. Keyboard types wrong characters

Hello Hannah,

If you're having issues with your laptop's keyboard, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps in this article:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . If the issue persists, you may also try the suggestions posted by Deepak Kodi in this
    thread. Quite a few people found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Touchpad and keyboard malfunctioning

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it 3x and am still having difficulty wim (example of typed letters not showing up) with my keyboard and touch pad. some things are impossible to accomplish, such as choosing an item with my touchpad.

RobinRGregory, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Ticked Win User

My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on... - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard touchpad

2. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction: My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears- l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl- My windows button also started not working. Any suggestions?...
  3. Touchpad malfunctioning

Touchpad malfunctioning: In my lenovo laptop, the touchpad was malfunctioning so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but since then, whenever I move my mouse over any file or select it, it automatically starts getting deleted so many times. Please tell me how to fix this issue....
  4. Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a windows 10. I spilled water slightly on my touchpad, and now I cannot move my mouse, it spazzes out and I have to use the touch screen to click on anything. I cleaned up the water on the touchpad and whatever fell on the keyboard as well, but my keyboard is working...
  5. malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

malfunctioning of laptop keyboard: After installing drivers in my Compaq cq58, some keys on the keyboard are not responding. I tried uninstalling the new driver, the problem worsens. What could be the possible reason and solution to this....
  6. Keyboard malfunction?

Keyboard malfunction?: I recently bought a used computer. The previous owner had reset it to its factory settings. After setting it up I noticed that a majority of the keys wouldn't function correctly or at all. Such as, J opening the windows feedback hub, D selecting any text I've managed to...
  7. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions: Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I was told maybe keyboard is sick but it works for my standard account log on so don't think it is. System only 5 months old....
  8. I've been having a lot of BSODs of late.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've been having a lot of BSODs of late.: Here's the dump file for my BSOD... https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmtRuA4_FLGgfF7OddSPSAfjjtHVg I have no idea how to read and understand this data, so having pointers as to where this might lead so I have an idea where to look into to fix the problem would be really appreciated!...
  9. Keyboard Malfunction

Keyboard Malfunction: Firstly I'm using a desktop computer. Last few days whenever I'm using my keyboard, it turns the volume down upon pressing the spacebar. I've tried the troubleshooter still it's all the same. How do I fix it?? Where & what do I look for??...
  10. Touchpad Button Malfunction

Touchpad Button Malfunction: The left button on my touchpad developed a hard to describe malfunction. Turning on right-handed mode improved the functionality, but accidentally clicking the left button creates a complicated, frustrating situated which can usually only be resolved by restarting. Is there...