Windows 10: My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

Discus and support My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Makaio Xia, Apr 24, 2024.

1. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do like opening up the laptop and quickly changing something or if I need to replace the keyboard completely or buy something to fix it.I use an ACER Aspire A315-24PTThank you!

:)

Makaio Xia, Apr 24, 2024
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 24, 2024
  3. keyboard on laptop doesn't respond on initial startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access laptop keyboard, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What happens when you try to access on-screen keyboard?
    • Have to tried to connect an external keyboard and check?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer.
    • Now check for the issue.

Method 3: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search
      box from the desktop and select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View All option in the left pane of the troubleshooting window.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Rose Cal Win User

My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

My keyboard quit working

Hi,

It is possible that your keyboard may be unresponsive due to outdated drivers or it is defective. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried connecting your keyboard to another computer and check if the issue still persist?
    • Have you tried using another keyboard and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check, read and follow the steps this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.
    It will let you check your hardware, wireless connection, and the device. You may also perform the instructions for Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers to download, install, and update driver.

Feel free to post back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

1. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue. - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard being

2. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  3. Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G731GU running Win 10 Home v.22H2 build 19045.2965. A few keys on my keyboard stop working arbitrarily. In particular, the a key often doesn't work, though I sometimes have problems with the 1, the tab and the q. This has been going on for a few...
  4. Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G731GU running Win 10 Home v.22H2 build 19045.2965. A few keys on my keyboard stop working arbitrarily. In particular, the a key often doesn't work, though I sometimes have problems with the 1, the tab and the q. This has been going on for a few...
  5. Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Keyboard unresponsive

Keyboard unresponsive: I just installed the new update that windows was pushing today. After a couple hours my keyboard and mouse stopped responding so I restarted my system. The mouse works now but not the keyboard. Yet, when I press any key on the lock screen startup, it opens it to put my...
  7. Unresponsive keyboard

Unresponsive keyboard: Hi. The keyboard panel of my laptop (Acer TravelMate 249 series) has been unresponsive after the following update (2018-12 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems (KB4471324)). Could anyone please advise me on what I should do? Thank you....
  8. Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar unresponsive to my keyboard: As above however I don't know the scale of the problem, but there sure is no way I can press the windows button and search for programs, Neither does it work with the "search icon". I recently had a friend come over and fix a problem with a "ctfmon.exe" file that made my c...
  9. BSOD possibly due to hardware issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD possibly due to hardware issue: So I have been getting bluescreens and I'm positive it's to do with my hardware. I've reinstalled windows multiple times for separate reasons and have tried two hard drives. The bluescreen often occurs if I leave my computer on over night as I will see the login screen after...
  10. Unresponsive keyboard issue

Unresponsive keyboard issue: Hi everyone, Have a bit of an issue with Windows 10. Occasionally after an update something will go wrong and the PC will boot into the automatic repair. However when I get to the choose keyboard input screen, the keyboard and mouse are totally unresponsive. Usually...