Windows 10: My laptop keyboard is locked

Discus and support My laptop keyboard is locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard is completely locked up and non-responsive. No function, or other keys work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SelvinGreen, Jan 16, 2019.

1. My laptop keyboard is locked

My keyboard is completely locked up and non-responsive. No function, or other keys work.

:)

SelvinGreen, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 16, 2019
  4. My laptop keyboard is locked

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

My laptop keyboard is locked

1. My laptop keyboard is locked - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard locked

2. My laptop keyboard is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is locked.: My laptop keyboard is locked. Second time this has happened. First time it seemed to just correct itself after a couple of days. I did a troubleshoot of the keyboard and nothing was found. My drivers are up to date. I am not a computer Whizz and am 76 years old but I do need...
  3. My laptop keyboard is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard is locked.: My laptop keyboard is locked. Second time this has happened. First time it seemed to just correct itself after a couple of days. I did a troubleshoot of the keyboard and nothing was found. My drivers are up to date. I am not a computer Whizz and am 76 years old but I do need...
  4. Lock screen issue with my malfunctioning laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen issue with my malfunctioning laptop keyboard: I am recently facing a keyboard malfunction in my laptop. The enter key in my laptop is working on its own sometimes and due to this I cannot use my external keyboard during startup. My lockscreen showsup for 2sec and jumps to password screen where it shows "provide password"...
  5. Lock screen issue with my malfunctioning laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen issue with my malfunctioning laptop keyboard: I am recently facing a keyboard malfunction in my laptop. The enter key in my laptop is working on its own sometimes and due to this I cannot use my external keyboard during startup. My lockscreen showsup for 2sec and jumps to password screen where it shows "provide password"...
  6. Lock screen issue with my malfunctioning laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Locking of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locking of my laptop: I have a DELL G3 3500 laptop. The issue with the laptop is that the laptop gets locked by itself while I'm gaming and it's so annoying. When I tried to support the technical support they say that it is windows bug and i am not getting help. It is so annoying when you're...
  8. How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10

How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10: Is there a way, without a brand X app, to lock the keyboard of a laptop? I want to have my laptop playing a video in a pubic place where I fear someone might accidentally or intentionally mess with the keyboard and interfere with the video. I've searched and researched but...
  9. How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Lock Laptop Keyboard? (Just the keyboard.) - Win10: Is there a way, without a brand X app, to lock the keyboard of a laptop? I want to have my laptop playing a video in a pubic place where I fear someone might accidentally or intentionally mess with the keyboard and interfere with the video. I've searched and researched but...
  10. new laptop keyboard locked

new laptop keyboard locked: When sticky keys turned off the keyboard locks 103287