Windows 10: My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

Discus and support My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was writing essay and suddenly my laptop lenovo idea pad 330 shut down after launching my laptop keyboard is not responding anymore [IMG][IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oniseshshw, May 13, 2020.

1. My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

I was writing essay and suddenly my laptop lenovo idea pad 330 shut down after launching my laptop keyboard is not responding anymore My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down [​IMG]My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down [​IMG]

:)

Oniseshshw, May 13, 2020

2. Keyboard doesn't work on my laptop with Windows 7

This morning, out of the clear blue, my HP KEYBOARD stopped working forcing me to use the On-Screen Keyboard provided by Windows 7 software. I found several web sites that suggested shutting off the computer, remove the battery and hold the on/off button
    for longer than ten (10) seconds which assures the battery is totally used up. Then restart the laptop and the keyboard should now work. Unfortunately the keyboard does not

After completing the steps exactly as Microsoft instructed, and restarting the laptop the keyboard still doesn't work.

Does anyone have a solution to get the keyboard to work?

Thank you for your time!

John

John Schunzel, May 13, 2020
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, May 13, 2020
  4. My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 13, 2020
Thema:

My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

1. My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard working

2. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  3. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is not shutting down: My Lenovo laptop was working fine until i started it up from it being shut down and the battery 0 after charging it and trying to turn it off it brings me to the Boot Menu. From here i can't exit or select any of the options. If i shut it down, it would just automatically...
  4. my laptop is not shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down: I was writing some essay on google docs for 2 and a half hours and suddently my computer got shut down.I turned it on and than for a couple of seconds the screen said its updating something and when it finished the computer got turned on but the keyboard isn't typing no more...
  6. My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down: I was writing some essay on google docs for 2 and a half hours and suddently my computer got shut down.I turned it on and than for a couple of seconds the screen said its updating something and when it finished the computer got turned on but the keyboard isn't typing no more...
  7. My laptop keyboard is not working after window shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop shut downs randomly shortly after keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shut downs randomly shortly after keyboard stop working: Hello there, I have bought my laptop a year ago or so and for last 1-2 months randomly, while watching a video on youtube or playing games like valorant or elite dangerous, firstly my keyboard stops registering as if it doesn't work while my mouse and the games etc. keep...
  9. My laptop is shutting down

My laptop is shutting down: Recently i left my laptop to a service for a fix it was shutting down whenever i start some game no matter what ... like games from 2003 old and should run good on my laptop. So couple of week there after cleaned and changed the fan the laptop approved a bit whenever i get it...
  10. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

Shutting down of Laptop after windows update: Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep. Diandre...