Windows 10: My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l

Discus and support My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am losing the will and hope someone can help me. I know a similar question has been asked a gazillion times and I have followed the various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LornaLou74, Apr 10, 2021.

1. My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l

Hi,

I am losing the will and hope someone can help me. I know a similar question has been asked a gazillion times and I have followed the various advice provided I am still getting issues with certain letters, mainly the l, o and 9.

l = \.ad3fs and \.ad3fsk

o = 0qe

9 = 41314

My laptop is a HP Envy Notebook 13-ab0XX

Windows version 10.0.19042.906

I have had the issue for a few weeks now and it is literally stressing me out no end.

I hope someone lovely can help by providing step-by-step procedure on how to fix the issue.

THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance.

Lorna

:)

LornaLou74, Apr 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Keyboard is typing multiple things when a key is pressed

Hi,

To better understand your concern about your device's keyboard, we'd like to know the following:

• The last activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • If you were cleaning your keyboard prior to the issue.
    • If your device has been exposed to any type of liquid.
    • Make and model of your device.
    In the meantime, you can perform the following to isolate the unintentional use of the
    Fn key on your keyboard:

• If your laptop has a numeric keypad, press and hold Fn and NumLock
      keys on your keyboard.
    • If numeric pad is not available, press and hold Fn and CapsLock keys on your keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Apr 10, 2021
  4. My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l

2nd external screen on Dell Latitude E7450 goes off when locking pressing Windows key and L

Hi Dave,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search
      box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

I would suggest you try changing the power plans and see if it helps. To select the power plans:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Change the settings as per your requirement.

Try to set the computer not to sleep and hibernate and see it works.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l

1. My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard typing

2. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  3. When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the o button on the keyboard, the Gmail screen opens, and when I press L, the...: Keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-o-button-on-the-keyboard-the/10107ed3-92ab-4bc1-8eb4-f3a06f3d7349
  4. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...: When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing the ‘j’ key displays ‘‘jm’' Such an error undermines the functionality of the keyboard. When I use on screen keyboard or virtual keyboard. it's works ..it doesn't pressing extra keys...
  5. When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing...: When use laptop keyboard types extra mix letter..For example, typing a word and pressing the ‘j’ key displays ‘‘jm’' Such an error undermines the functionality of the keyboard. When I use on screen keyboard or virtual keyboard. it's works ..it doesn't pressing extra keys...
  6. my keyboard is typing 35 when i press 3 or 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my keyboard is typing 35 when i press 3 or 5: so my keyboard writes 35 when i press 3 or 5 and also when i press c or v it types cv soooo cvan anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-typing-35-when-i-press-3-or-5/ff0498e1-84f6-466f-8c7e-bdeab90d5521
  7. my keyboard is typing 35 when i press 3 or 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is typing 35 when i press 3 or 5: so my keyboard writes 35 when i press 3 or 5 and also when i press c or v it types cv soooo cvan anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-typing-35-when-i-press-3-or-5/ff0498e1-84f6-466f-8c7e-bdeab90d5521
  8. my keyboard is typing 35 when i press 3 or 5

9. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...
  10. When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o: When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o. I have tried restarting, changing language and location and no dice. An help would be much appreciated....