Windows 10: my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

Discus and support my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anand Singh2, Apr 22, 2023.

1. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My l9a1ptop k8ea1boa1rd3 is2 typing number a1d3d3itiona1l9l9y when i a1m typing l9etters2. k8ind3l9y hel9p how to s2ol9ve the probl9em

:)

Anand Singh2, Apr 22, 2023
  2. v_realo Win User

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Hi flemmingknudsen,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you are having trouble with your keyboard which types numbers instead of letters. Let me help you with this.

I understand that you have tried the num lock key and it's the same outcome.

Have you tried to press Fn key + Num lock? If not, try it and see if it will fix the concern.

If still it will not fix the issue, follow this steps:

1.Press Windows Key + R then type osk and hit Enter to open On-Screen Keyboard.

2.Turn off Num Lock by clicking on it (If it is ON it will be shown in different color).

3.If you can’t see the Num lock then click on Options.

4.Checkmark “Turn on numeric key pad” and click OK.

5.This will enable the NumLock option and you could easily turn it off.

6.Reboot your PC to save changes.

Lastly, sometimes 3rd party software can conflict with Hardware such as Keyboard and can cause this issue. In order to Fix Keyboard Typing Numbers Instead of Letters issue, you need to perform a clean boot on your PC .

1. Press windows key + R, then type msconfig.

2. Select In General tab, select Selective Start up, put a check mark on load system services and unchecked "Load start up items".

Let me know if you still have issues after these steps and let's work on this together.

I believe that these steps will help you solve this issue you have. If not, kindly contact me and let me know.

v_realo, Apr 22, 2023
  3. m8686 Win User
    laptop keyboard won’t type some numbers and letters and now it types double different letters/numbers instead of just 1

Hello**** in addition with not being able to type some letters and now it types double different letters/numbers instead of just 1 when i press many letters/numbers of the keyboard, like when I press 2 it types 32, same for 3 it types 32, i types iu, w
    types ew, same with e it types ew, s and d type ds, y types ]y and so on.. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters :(

I think I need to replace my keyboard, wich is a pretty complicated process, I searched "Removing and Replacing the Keyboard //my laptop model// ", I found a youtube clip for my laptop model..

I have my laptop since 2009 and I have not experienced such a thing until now. I think what caused the problem was the fact that I used to wipe the keyboard with napkins dipped in pharmaceutical/ethyl alcohol and so far it was ok, I had no problems, but the
    damage could have happened due to infiltration of the alcohol through the keyboard’s buttons, since the keyboards are sensitive to liquids spilled on them.

I read it could also be a problem with the motherboard, in wich case is a very complicated situation, I need to take the laptop to a service to replace the motherboard.

please help me, I can’t live without my good ol’ laptop nor can I do almost anything with a FAULTY KEYBOARD. who could?

ps: it took me very long to write this text, I literally had to copy/paste almost every letter from a text file that I filled with many letters, it was horrible.

m8686, Apr 22, 2023
  4. Moms56 Win User

my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

Keyboard is typing numbers when I type letters

I just upgraded my other laptop to windows 10 and when I type a letter it comes up a number and they go in order 1 then 2 etc no matter what letter I type. Please help!!!

Moms56, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

1. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard typing

2. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  3. My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters: Hello please help me, My laptop keyboard doesn't type letters. The FN key and it's shortcuts like volume and brightness work but letters and numbers don't. I tried updating the keyboard driver and reinstalling the device but nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me I...
  4. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  5. Laptop keyboard types extra letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard types extra letters: Hello,Yesterday i had no issues with my laptop. Today i opened it up and couldnt type my pin. After some time I managed to do it with external keyboard. Every time i type a letter the letter types but also leters: a *space* osrs. So if i type "j" i get ja osrs. I reinstalled...
  6. my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters: HiMy laptop keyboard is typing number additionally when I am typing letters.See the example below , tried to type the above mentioned sentence .My l9a1ptop k8ea1boa1rd3 is2 typing number a1d3d3itiona1l9l9y when i a1m typing l9etters2. k8ind3l9y hel9p how to s2ol9ve the...
  7. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  8. Keyboard on Lenonvo - types numbers when it should be letters -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard on Lenonvo - types numbers when it should be letters -: Have a lenovo Idealpad. It randomly types numbers when I use letters. example in the 'type here to search bar' does numbers. Plus have no ease of access option either. Been doing this since upgrading laptop to windows 10 from windows 7...
  9. Keyboard types additional letter aside from the correct letter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard types additional letter aside from the correct letter: after installing the newest update of windows, my keyboard stopped working correctly. some letters have additional letter in it. q becomes qx, the space bar has 0 in it. t becomes to and so on. i never had this problem before, just after the installation of the newest...
  10. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...