Windows 10: My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

Discus and support My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So One Day My Friend Wanted Me To See His New Keyboard and see how it felt because he really liked it and the next day when i checked my Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zevxl on laptop, Jul 24, 2020.

1. My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

So One Day My Friend Wanted Me To See His New Keyboard and see how it felt because he really liked it and the next day when i checked my Device Manager I Had Like 10 Different Keyboards so i was uninstalling the extra once and i think i uninstalled my laptop keyboard i anyone could help it would mean a lot!!!!!!!!

:)

zevxl on laptop, Jul 24, 2020

2. i shutdown my laptop now my keyboard isnt working

Hi David,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Did it happen after installing an update?
    • Are all the keys not working on the keyboard or only to selected ones?

To help resolve your concern, kindly enable the
    On-Screen keyboard
    and follow the troubleshooting steps provided below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and then click the first result.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Hardware and Devices and then run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to download the latest driver for your keyboard from the manufacturer's website.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jul 27, 2020
  3. johnaries Win User
    keyboard not working

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

a) Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b) Search for Keyboard driver and expand it.

c) Right click on the Keyboard driver and select Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturers website.

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

I believe my keyboard isnt working

johnaries, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Ticked Win User

My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working

1. My Laptop Keyboard Isnt Working - Similar Threads - Laptop Keyboard Isnt

2. My taskbar isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar isnt working: Ive tried many different things and powershell isnt working either, it continues to freeze and it wont let me use it at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-isnt-working/d4e3f2ff-8ba1-4c07-beef-e3818ef0dd2e
  3. My Monitor isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Monitor isnt working: So ive done the above 60 Hz thing and ive tried all the stuff but its werid because i can only put it on 1 display and cant extend it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-isnt-working/1b7b8b67-7e8b-4580-89f4-8a9489c4b75a
  4. my "n" key isnt working. ive tried both the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my "n" key isnt working. ive tried both the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard and it...: ive tried the external keyboard on other devices, and the n key works just fine on them. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-n-key-isnt-working-ive-tried-both-the-laptop/67366d78-1e4d-4d7a-af1e-4dccffdd825d
  5. my "n" key isnt working. ive tried both the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard and it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my "n" key isnt working. ive tried both the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard and it...: ive tried the external keyboard on other devices, and the n key works just fine on them. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-n-key-isnt-working-ive-tried-both-the-laptop/67366d78-1e4d-4d7a-af1e-4dccffdd825d
  6. my "n" key isnt working. ive tried both the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard and it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mic isnt working: so my mic on my pc hasnt been working lately. i was recently on a discord call with my friend and while talking, my mic suddenly disconnected. i searched in the settings to change it to the input device but it wasnt even an option. i have unplugged it and plugged it back in...
  8. my laptop isnt chargeing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop isnt chargeing: what are other ways to charge my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-isnt-chargeing/6ab91ba3-1083-435c-8b80-59393f11a33d
  9. Keyboard isnt working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard isnt working: Some of the keys including volume, mute microphone, airplane mode..., and brightness control ,dont work. It seems that their functions have changed. Does anybody know how to fix this problem????...
  10. My taskbar isnt working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My taskbar isnt working: hello, my system is going through an issue, Any time i start my computer and i try to get access to the start menu icon on the task bar it doesn't open and also the other icons on the left hand side i.e( the notification button,speakers, battery icon ) don't work what do i do...