Windows 10: My laptop keyboard stops working after installing Windows Update

Discus and support My laptop keyboard stops working after installing Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Sirs I remember, that day any of you sent to me the instructions about how to solve the keyboard issues . I remember, any of you sent to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ConanLam1, May 12, 2019.

1. ConanLam1 Win User

My laptop keyboard stops working after installing Windows Update

Dear Sirs

I remember, that day any of you sent to me the instructions about how to solve the keyboard issues . I remember, any of you sent to me about the command prompt to solve the keyboard issues . Could you send to me, thanks ?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Conan Lam

:)

ConanLam1, May 12, 2019
  2. ConanLam1 Win User

My laptop has stopped working after installing Windows Update. I tried these of them, but it did not work.

1. Perform system restore

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard driver from Device Manager

3 Updated keyboard driver from Device Manager

4. Did a fresh start installation from Windows Defender

None of them works when I tried these of them. Any suggestions?

ConanLam1, May 12, 2019
  3. Vanion Win User
    Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, May 12, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. My laptop keyboard stops working after installing Windows Update - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard stops

2. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  3. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  4. my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11: my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11.please help i have tried everthing on internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-stopped-working-after-update-windows/4cc39458-70f7-4bc9-ae8b-1dd6438f81d1
  5. my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11: my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11.please help i have tried everthing on internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-stopped-working-after-update-windows/4cc39458-70f7-4bc9-ae8b-1dd6438f81d1
  6. My keyboard stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My keyboard stopped working after windows 10 update: Heyeveryone! I hope you’re doing well. After Iupdated Windows a few weeks ago, my keyboard stopped working. Until March 27Theverything was alright, didn’t have issues but suddenly, the day March 28Thof 2021 when I turn on my pc, I could log into my User, it was disconnected...
  7. keyboard stop work after windows updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard stop work after windows updates: keyboard stop work after Windows updates ,totally. I use on screen one ,it is crazy to klick on every letter ,what to do? no warranties. its Lenovo laptop. Thanks for help....
  8. Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates - Acer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates - Acer: After installing the updates in Windows 10, my laptop keyboard stopped working. I have tried several recommendations, but nothing seems to work. I'd like describe the situation. As the keyboard stopped working, the turn on button is not function, so to turn on the laptop...
  9. Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates

Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates: After installing the updates in Windows 10, my laptop (HP Pavillion n012tx) keyboard stopped working. The hardware seems fine as I'm able to access my keyboard in boot menu and tested it with trying Ubuntu, where keyboard worked fine. I installed windows over previous...
  10. My laptop keyboard stops working after installing Windows Update

My laptop keyboard stops working after installing Windows Update: My laptop has stopped working after installing Windows Update. I tried these of them, but it did not work. 1. Perform system restore 2. Uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard driver from Device Manager 3 Updated keyboard driver from Device Manager 4. Did a fresh start...