Windows 10: my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke

Discus and support my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke and now i cant unmute. not even with the sliders. how to i fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by msfarhan, Jan 26, 2021.

1. msfarhan Win User

my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke

my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke and now i cant unmute. not even with the sliders. how to i fix it?

:)

msfarhan, Jan 26, 2021

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Mute Buttons sometimes doesn't work

Hi Coles,

Corrupted/outdated drivers or hardware issue may be the possible reason why your mute button is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest keyboard driver.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard.
    • Right-click on the Keyboard driver
      and select
      Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest keyboard driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the keyboard driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 26, 2021
  4. my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke

1. my laptop keyboard was put on mute and broke - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard was

2. Crash broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crash broke my laptop: Hello,I started a factory reset on my laptop and during installation my laptop crashed now i'm stuck on "preparing..." screen with a message that says to restart. However it keep coming to the same thing would aprecciate any help.Thanks...
  3. Crash broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash broke my laptop: Hello,I started a factory reset on my laptop and during installation my laptop crashed now i'm stuck on "preparing..." screen with a message that says to restart. However it keep coming to the same thing would aprecciate any help.Thanks...
  4. My laptop's software broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's software broke: A couple of months ago I accidentally left my laptop on for a week running Team Fortress 2 while on a camping trip. When I got home, the computer was working a bit slower than usual for a little bit, but warmed up and worked fine. I shut the computer down for the night and...
  5. My laptop's software broke

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's software broke: A couple of months ago I accidentally left my laptop on for a week running Team Fortress 2 while on a camping trip. When I got home, the computer was working a bit slower than usual for a little bit, but warmed up and worked fine. I shut the computer down for the night and...
  6. My laptop's software broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 update broke my laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update broke my laptop keyboard: I have a laptop HP Envy x360 and the keyboard on it stopped working after Windows 10 April 2021 update.These are all the things I already tried:1.Updating the driver manually even automatically still not working2.Uninstalling the driver and restarting computer3.Unistalling...
  8. Windows broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows broke my laptop: Windows had failed to update on my Dell Laptop for a long time, so i determined to get everything updated. From what i could tell, it was many updates behind, and i ran the troubleshooter many times. Each time it ran the updater, it seemed like it went to a newer version,...
  9. A key isn't working on my keyboard and it's not the keyboard that is broke.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A key isn't working on my keyboard and it's not the keyboard that is broke.: I've plugged my keyboard into another computer, and it still works. If I plug it into my main one, the "b" key stops working. Thanks for the help!...
  10. keyboard broke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard broke: I am a student who uses their computer daily, so I really need my keyboard to do its job. I have had problems with the key beside the o and above the semicolon=I literally can't type it. and every now and then my o doesn't work along with the 0,9,quotation marks,...