Windows 10: my laptop keyboard wont work

Discus and support my laptop keyboard wont work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the second time since I've owned it, my laptop keyboard has stopped working after a windows update. Troubleshooting shows that there isn't an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MargaretBlair2, Oct 8, 2020.

1. my laptop keyboard wont work

For the second time since I've owned it, my laptop keyboard has stopped working after a windows update. Troubleshooting shows that there isn't an issue but I still cannot type. I dont want to send this in again and pay money to fix it. Please help!!

:)

MargaretBlair2, Oct 8, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Zeeba# Win User

my laptop keyboard wont work

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

my laptop keyboard wont work

1. my laptop keyboard wont work - Similar Threads - laptop keyboard wont

2. Keyboard and mouse wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse wont work: Everything was fine until yesterday i turn on my computer and my keyboard and mouse do not work, because of this i am unable to access the computer, i have tried plugging into other USB ports and have tried other device but the problem persists. I dont know what to do and...
  3. My laptop boot wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boot wont work: Hi! My laptop cant load and goes straight to advanced options, I tried factory reset but didn't work and I even tried to reset my BIOS but also didn't work. I am completely helpless and even asked if I can save it but I'm not sure at this point, I've tried doing everything I...
  4. My laptop boot wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop boot wont work: Hi! My laptop cant load and goes straight to advanced options, I tried factory reset but didn't work and I even tried to reset my BIOS but also didn't work. I am completely helpless and even asked if I can save it but I'm not sure at this point, I've tried doing everything I...
  5. Why wont my laptop work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my laptop work: Hello, so when I try to log into my windows 10 it says sign in. normal right? But when I click it it totally doesn't work and just brings me back to the start. No shortcut keys work. PLEASE HELP...
  6. Why wont my laptop work

Why wont my laptop work: Hello, so when I try to log into my windows 10 it says sign in. normal right? But when I click it it totally doesn't work and just brings me back to the start. No shortcut keys work. PLEASE HELP...
  7. Why wont my laptop work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Why wont my keyboard work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my keyboard work?: Ive been having a issue with my keyboard not working with my pc. It just stopped working out of the blue one day. I have tried almost everything I could find online and I even fully wiped the computer. I tested the keyboard on a different computer and it worked flawlessly. I...
  9. Why wont my keyboard work?

Why wont my keyboard work?: Ive been having a issue with my keyboard not working with my pc. It just stopped working out of the blue one day. I have tried almost everything I could find online and I even fully wiped the computer. I tested the keyboard on a different computer and it worked flawlessly. I...
  10. Why wont my keyboard work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware