Windows 10: my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?

Discus and support my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by evan james2, Dec 1, 2023.

1. my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?

my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?

:)

evan james2, Dec 1, 2023

2. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date.

I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.)

The following are my troubleshooting steps.

------------------------------

Windows Audio is running.

External speakers are disconnected.

In Device Manager > Sound

Disable, then re-enable:

- IDT High Definition Audio
    - Intel Display Audio

That did not resolve the issue.
    ------------------------------------
    Download and run: Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

-------------------------------------

Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab

Select "Speakers/Headphones"

Click Configure

Click Test

Both speakers pass

-----------------------------------------

Sound is OK from both speakers when they are connected. But on this specific laptop, I really have no interest in any sound coming from the external speakers (or headphones). I simply want the sound from the laptop itself.

How can I restore my sound?

Footnote: I have no Realtek driver. Is that unusual? I can't remember whether the old laptop actually had a Realtek.

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Bluetooth speaker (Lenovo 500) is connecting with laptop but sound is not coming

Hi Team,

I am having Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop which i use it to connect to my bluetooth stereo speaker Lenovo 500. My laptop is running the latest version of Windows 10 (last updated on 13-Jan-2016). It was working fine before last Nov 2015 big OS update.

After that (i checked it only this year), it is pairing and staying connected but the sound is not coming. Strangely the laptops speakers is also in sync with bluetooth speakers and even then no sound. Also i cannot hear the sound from the laptop speakers
    when it is connected to a bluetooth speakers. Laptop speakers works well when it is not paired.

However the same bluetooth speaker is working perfectly fine with my Lumia 920 running WP 8.1.

Kindly provide your suggestions or solutions for this.

Thanks

sankumar_87, Dec 1, 2023
  4. my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?

Laptop external speaker connection issue ?

Hi I have Asus laptop in one of the rooms accessed via remote access. However I want to attach 5 meter external speaker wire in order for loud speaker to position in on location in another part of room. The problem is if I want to listen to any music after connecting the external speaker I am unable to listen sounds from laptop (therefore only sounds come from external speaker or vice versa). Question - how can I configure the laptop & external speaker connection to listen to sounds either from a) laptop b) external speaker (In other words not listening simultaneously but seperate as Left speaker versus Right speaker)? Any help would be appreciated?

CodeBreaker434, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?

1. my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this? - Similar Threads - laptop making sound

2. my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this?: my laptop making sound both in my earphonewhen connected and laptop speaker. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-making-sound-both-in-my-earphonewhen/54113d7e-97de-44d3-99c8-f4259646e5fa
  3. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  4. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  5. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time: I updated my Lenovo laptop to Windows 11, and when the computer is making sounds like watching videos, my headphones and the laptop speakers are playing simultaneously. Is there a fix?...
  7. My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time: I updated my Lenovo laptop to Windows 11, and when the computer is making sounds like watching videos, my headphones and the laptop speakers are playing simultaneously. Is there a fix?...
  8. Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound coming from both headphones and laptop speakers?: Hey guys, I have been trying to fix this problem all day. My laptop has sound coming from both the speakers and a headset when I plug it in. I want it to be able to play sound from the headset when it's in and not from the laptop's speakers, until I take the headset back out....
  9. connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect Bluetooth speakers to my laptop: I have Bluetooth speakers and I want to use them on my laptop but I don't know how to do it, if you can help me I appreciate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-bluetooth-speakers-to-my-laptop/3e69a681-9371-4fb9-9e5d-3085a4dbd45b
  10. There is sound from both my speaker and headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There is sound from both my speaker and headphones: I have a MSI laptop, this problem started recently. I connect my headphones and there is sound comming from both my laptop speaker and headphones. i tried uninstalling the driver and restarting.. didnt work. so i tried rolling back my driver.. it did work but i encountered...