Windows 10: My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of...

Discus and support My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrshapestone [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrshapestone, Oct 26, 2020.

1. My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of...

/u/mrshapestone, Oct 26, 2020

2. Laptop switching from headset to built-in microphone on its own.

This time, let's try to disable the built-in microphone driver on your laptop. please follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click on DeviceManager.
    • Click on the dropdownarrow next to Audioinputs and
      outputs.
    • Right-click on InternalMicrophone — this label can change depending on the hardware you have in your PC.
    • Click on Disable.
    • Click on Yes.
    • Restart your computer to save changes.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Oct 26, 2020
  3. thiam1 Win User
    Laptop switching from headset to built-in microphone on its own.

I did disable the built-in microphone a few times during my initial troubleshooting. But that doesn't force the headset to pick up the sound input function. Even after reboot, I just have no microphone
    at all while sound still comes through the headset.

Thanks.

thiam1, Oct 26, 2020
  4. My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of...

Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of...

1. My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of... - Similar Threads - laptop microphone constantly

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  4. My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is repeatedly turning on and off by itself: The laptop is just turning off and on by itself, the screen won’t turn on either so I’m unable to do anything with bios or settings, I’ve tried a couple things and even let it die to see if when I plugged it back in that it may do something. I don’t really know what else I...
  5. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  6. My laptop turns off by itself.

My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  7. inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off: Hi,Could anybody help with the issue desribed in the subject. When opened, Windows Camera app has black screen and the LED is pulsating faintly. The issue also affects face recognition where I get a message "something went wrong".Thank you in advance,Kasia...
  8. inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off

inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off: Hi,Could anybody help with the issue desribed in the subject. When opened, Windows Camera app has black screen and the LED is pulsating faintly. The issue also affects face recognition where I get a message "something went wrong".Thank you in advance,Kasia...
  9. Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?: [ATTACH] Formerly about once a month, today it happened to me 3 times! Sometimes it freezes completely and has to be switched off by pressing the power button for a long time, or it suddenly turns off out of nowhere. What's interesting is that just before switching off,...
  10. My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.: Particularly, the "turn mic on by default when I record" option in the settings keeps turning itself off when I go into a game. Essentially making the option useless because I still have to manually turn on the microphone setting to have it. I tried with different games and...