Windows 10: My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic

Discus and support My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community,I really hope you can help me with this since I have been trying to figure it out for hours.The Problem: I have a headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KM_022, Aug 2, 2021.

1. KM_022 Win User

My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic

Hello Microsoft Community,I really hope you can help me with this since I have been trying to figure it out for hours.The Problem: I have a headphone with no mic that I plug into the jack of my laptop. When I do this, my laptop keeps the output and input as Realtek Audio. In my headphones, I can hear everything, but the microphone on my laptop stops working. When I unplug my headphones, the sound comes out of my laptop speakers and the microphone works again on my laptop.Additional info:I think that my computer believes that I am plugging something in that has a microphone but it doesn't. Ho

:)

KM_022, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)
    My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic [​IMG]

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Straynjer Win User
    My computer mic stops working when headphones are plugged in.

For whatever reason, when my headphones are plugged in, my computer mic stops working.

It works fine when it's not plugged in.

My headphones do have a mic on them, but under the sound settings, both the computer mic and headphone mic are under one device, "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio)".

This is true regardless whether or not my headphones are plugged in. A similar thing happens to the speakers as well, but i dont care about that that much.

The reason why i care about the mics, is because my headphone mic is broken, and i want to use my headphones while using the computer mic which works perfectly fine.

Ive already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the devices.

I am using a lenovo X1 carbon 20A8 model.

Straynjer, Aug 2, 2021
  4. My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic

1. My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic - Similar Threads - laptop microphone stops

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with No Mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with No Mic: Hello Microsoft Community,I really hope you can help me with this since I have been trying to figure it out for hours.The Problem: I have a headphone with no mic that I plug into the jack of my laptop. When I do this, my computer keeps the output and input as Realtek Audio....
  6. Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in

Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in: It used to work but then I accidentally deleted Realtek HD Audio because when I try and open this programme, it tells me it doesn't exist and directs me to the Microsoft Store. I would then download it because I am prompted to do this but it still doesn't work so I ended up...
  7. My headphones won't work when I have my mic plugged in.

My headphones won't work when I have my mic plugged in.: I got a new microphone so I could talk to my friends. Every time I plug it into the USB port, however, my computer recognizes the microphone as the audio output device as well as the input device, so no sound comes out of my headphones when it's plugged in. What can I do to...
  8. Internal mic stops working when I plug in earbuds/headphones

Internal mic stops working when I plug in earbuds/headphones: So I had the same issue a lot of people had about this topic. My computer's internal mic works... until I plug in some headphones. Then all of a sudden, poof; it stops working, only to work again once I'd unplug my headphones. I watched video after video, look up forums, I...
  9. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.: I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones, the laptop's microphone doesn't pick up anything. With my old pair of headphones, this wasn't an issue-- I could record my...
  10. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....