Windows 10: My laptop mirroring on neighbors Laptop

Discus and support My laptop mirroring on neighbors Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My neighbourour complained that her laptop was not working properly. On opening her laptop her name appeared but with my login photograph. Signing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkAllen3117, Feb 19, 2021.

1. My laptop mirroring on neighbors Laptop

My neighbourour complained that her laptop was not working properly.

On opening her laptop her name appeared but with my login photograph.

Signing in with her password I was horriffied to see the entire contents of MY laptop on hers.

By entire I mean everything, all my photographs, documents, desktop icons, music etc. A complete mirror image! Whilst everything of hers had dissappeared.

Switching on my laptop I also found several items from her laptop on mine.

We share the same broadband provider Sky, and live some 40 mtr apart but share nothing else. There is no network set up between us and each laptop is registered to the right router so what is going on?

I contacted your online helpdesk yesterday and followed their instructions for her laptop firstly:-

Try 'System restore' but no restore point had been set.

Next try 'Reset your computer' which I did following the instructions as given.

When her laptop finally finished I switched it back on only to be confronted once again with her name and my picture including once again all my files, folders etc.

I don't want to do anything else unless deleting my stuff from her laptop also deletes it from mine.

Help Please. And keep it simple as I am in my 80's.

Mark Allen

:)

MarkAllen3117, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

My laptop mirroring on neighbors Laptop

1. My laptop mirroring on neighbors Laptop - Similar Threads - laptop mirroring neighbors

2. PC Mirroring Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Mirroring Laptop?: I recently bought a new laptop and I also have a PC. I noticed a pattern emerging recently where every time I closed the lid on the laptop my PC would also shut down into stand by mode and as soon as I open the laptop from sleep the PC would start up again. Another problem is...
  3. PC Mirroring Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Mirroring Laptop?: I recently bought a new laptop and I also have a PC. I noticed a pattern emerging recently where every time I closed the lid on the laptop my PC would also shut down into stand by mode and as soon as I open the laptop from sleep the PC would start up again. Another problem is...
  4. hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv: hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tTV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-mirror-my-laptop-to-my-tv/ee9a617b-9708-46ec-b0fe-db0dcfaeda57
  5. hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tv: hOW CAN i MIRROR MY LAPTOP TO MY tTV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-mirror-my-laptop-to-my-tv/ee9a617b-9708-46ec-b0fe-db0dcfaeda57
  6. How to Mirror iPhone to Windows 10 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Mirror iPhone to Windows 10 Laptop?: I am having trouble figuring out how to mirror iPhone screen to Windows 10 laptop. I need to be able to do this for work purposes, as I need to share my iPhone screen with coworkers during virtual meetings. I have searched online for solutions, but I am not very tech-savvy...
  7. Mirror Windows 10 Laptop to iMac?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror Windows 10 Laptop to iMac?: Trying to see if there’s a way to use my iMac screen for my work laptop in my new work from home setup. Miracast through Parallels is disabled on Mac. Is there another creative solution I can use to use my laptop on my iMac screen? I can’t download any extra programs on the...
  8. Mirroring My Laptop to My TV using Amazon Firestick

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mirroring My Laptop to My TV using Amazon Firestick: Hi, I am having trouble in Mirroring my laptop screen to my TV via Amazon Firestick, i done the setup of the firestick on my tv, then i gave a name for mirroring, after that in my laptop i went to the connect the option and selected the name but it says couldn't connect,...
  9. Laptop prints in mirror image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop prints in mirror image: My computer is printing out mirror images, ie white text on black background. I have printed a test page from the printer which is fine so figure the problem is with my laptop....
  10. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirror laptop screen to smart TV: I want to connect my laptop and smart TV wirelessly. I followed recommendations and the devices recognize each other but don’t connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-laptop-screen-to-smart-tv/15a5d2dd-4ac3-4c31-8720-0c8e324365fd