Windows 10: My Laptop & PC keep playing a weird sound

Discus and support My Laptop & PC keep playing a weird sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Its the application called " Speech Runtime Executable " that I found on Sound Mixer. But I don't know how to turn it off. I tried to turn off " Speech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YBS8rJvxnKo, Nov 29, 2020.

1. My Laptop & PC keep playing a weird sound

Its the application called " Speech Runtime Executable " that I found on Sound Mixer. But I don't know how to turn it off.
    I tried to turn off " Speech " in Privacy Setting but the sound still playing.

submitted by /u/YBS8rJvxnKo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YBS8rJvxnKo, Nov 29, 2020

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Nov 29, 2020
  4. StevePYYZ Win User

My Laptop & PC keep playing a weird sound

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop & PC keep playing a weird sound

1. My Laptop & PC keep playing a weird sound - Similar Threads - Laptop keep playing

2. My computer keeps on playing weird sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps on playing weird sounds: I keep on hearing things randomly from my Computer, but this time I heard "Recording has started" or "Recording Started". I don't know if I've misclicked but I'm especially concerned. Could anyone help me on this?...
  3. My computer keeps on playing weird sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps on playing weird sounds: I keep on hearing things randomly from my Computer, but this time I heard "Recording has started" or "Recording Started". I don't know if I've misclicked but I'm especially concerned. Could anyone help me on this?...
  4. My computer keeps on playing weird sounds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Disconnect Sound keeps playing on my pc.

Disconnect Sound keeps playing on my pc.: My computer tried to update but failed. When it restarted the disconnect sound you would hear when disconnecting something like a usb device keeps playing. My Bluetooth is also no longer working....
  6. Disconnect Sound keeps playing on my pc.

Disconnect Sound keeps playing on my pc.: Recently my computer tried to update but failed to do so. When it restarted the disconnect sound you would hear when disconnecting something like a usb device keeps playing. My bluetooth is also no longer working. I narrowed it down in device manager to it being "IntelR...
  7. Disconnect Sound keeps playing on my pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnect Sound keeps playing on my pc.: Recently my computer tried to update but failed to do so. When it restarted the disconnect sound you would hear when disconnecting something like a usb device keeps playing. My bluetooth is also no longer working. I narrowed it down in device manager to it being "IntelR...
  8. Weird Sound keeps playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Sound keeps playing: I keep hearing a weird sound play, it plays every couple of minutes, It could play at any moment, while I'm gaming, watching videos, or doing anything at all really.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7mCuIs9GbAjgl8Ssa2WnkvnD6KPnKOy/view?usp=sharingI caught the sound, and in...
  9. Weird Sound keeps playing

Weird Sound keeps playing: I keep hearing a weird sound play, it plays every couple of minutes, It could play at any moment, while I'm gaming, watching videos, or doing anything at all really.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E7mCuIs9GbAjgl8Ssa2WnkvnD6KPnKOy/view?usp=sharingI caught the sound, and in...
  10. Weird Sound keeps playing

in Windows 10 Customization