Windows 10: My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes

Discus and support My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes or so. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by James Stewart_, Oct 30, 2018.

1. My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes

My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes or so. Why?

:)

James Stewart_, Oct 30, 2018

2. Windows 10

My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes or so. Why?

James Stewart_, Oct 30, 2018
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes

Windows 10 Airplane mode keeps turning on

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with unexpected mode switching of your Windows 10 device is due to User Profile corruption, to address this concern, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check
    if you will have the same issue with unexpected mode switching. This is for us to test if the issue is isolated with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Settings then hit the Enter key.
    • In Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We are looking forward for an update about your concern.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes

1. My Laptop PC keeps switching off and goes back to sign-in mode every 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps switching

2. Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start: Every time I open up my laptop it goes into tablet mode and then back again it takes a minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goes-into-tablet-mode-and-back-every-time-i-start/6388ff57-da43-4b77-90c8-ded4ba881a46
  3. Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goes into tablet mode and back every time I start: Every time I open up my laptop it goes into tablet mode and then back again it takes a minute https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/goes-into-tablet-mode-and-back-every-time-i-start/6388ff57-da43-4b77-90c8-ded4ba881a46
  4. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes: Hey so, this has started happening 1-2 days ago where my laptop screen randomly goes black for a second, it appears to happen every few minutes or so, it doesn't do it by an action I do or anything, just randomly.I really don't know what to do, I've down sfc/scannow and dism...
  5. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes: Hey so, this has started happening 1-2 days ago where my laptop screen randomly goes black for a second, it appears to happen every few minutes or so, it doesn't do it by an action I do or anything, just randomly.I really don't know what to do, I've down sfc/scannow and dism...
  6. My laptop screen goes black for a second every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Since recent update, my laptop keeps restarting every 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since recent update, my laptop keeps restarting every 10 minutes: Greetings,For about 2 weeks now whenever I sign into my laptop I am good for about 10-15 minutes and then all of a sudden, I laptop starts restarting on its own. This started after the update for Windows 10. I have a small business and this is annoying and not good for me...
  8. my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes: Hi,my monitor goes off intermittently every 2-5 minutes. It's connected through a VGA cable to my laptop.The only thing that helped is that if I run a game in the background it would stop. SO I chose a small game and have to run it on my background all the time so I can use...
  9. My laptop keep crashing after every 40 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keep crashing after every 40 minutes.: Hello all, My laptop is now crashing a lot, after every 40 minutes the screen turned black and i have to restart by using the power button. It may come from some softwares. Can you guys help me fixing this problem? Thanks...
  10. my laptop turns off every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop turns off every 15 minutes: I’ve set power options of my laptop running Windows 10 to never turn off but it started to turn off every 15 minutes. How can I fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc keeps switching back to login mode

2. my pckeeps switching to PC mode from

3. when phone goes near my laptop the lsptop goes offgoes