Windows 10: My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

Discus and support My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by anotherrandomnamealreadyu, Sep 20, 2020.

1. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

Hello,

I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid.

I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this?

In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid Open Action = Do Nothing, but it wakes up nonetheless.

Please help.

:)

anotherrandomnamealreadyu, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Adrian700 Win User

Can't wake up laptop from sleep without opening the lid

Hello.

I used to be able to wake up my laptop with my USB mouse and keyboard, but about 1-2 months ago it stopped working.

In order to wake it up, I now have to open the lid. I don't need to press any buttons, merely lifting the lid a few centimetres wakes the computer up.

What's interesting, I can wake it up with mouse/keyboard within a few minutes of it going to sleep. But if I leave it in a sleep state for longer, if I walk away and come back in a few hours, mouse/keyboard can no longer wake it up and I have to open the
    lid.

Any suggestions?

Adrian700, Sep 20, 2020
  3. leo_u Win User
    Wake laptop from sleep without opening lid?

I have a new laptop which I use primarily with a separate monitor and usb keyboard / mouse. I leave it plugged into the AC power source as well.

On my old laptop, after adjusting the power setting and the bios, I was able to wake the laptop from sleep simply by moving the mouse or pressing a button on the keyboard.

Unfortunately, my new laptop will only do this IF the lid is open. If the lid is closed, the laptop will not awaken from sleep. This is incredibly annoying because I then have to open the lid each time I want to power on my pc and I was able to do this before
    on a much older and "less advanced" machine (so much for progress).

Thank you much for your help in advance!

-l

leo_u, Sep 20, 2020
  4. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

1. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid - Similar Threads - laptop wakes sleep

2. Surface Laptop won’t wake up from sleep when connected to External Monitor, laptop lid...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop won’t wake up from sleep when connected to External Monitor, laptop lid...: Hi All,I have a setup where I have my Surface Laptop 3 on Windows 11 connected through USB C onto a HDMI port of an external monitor I use the “Second Screen” only option as I only want to see the display on my monitor and not on my laptop. The issue that I am facing is that...
  3. Surface Laptop won’t wake up from sleep when connected to External Monitor, laptop lid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop won’t wake up from sleep when connected to External Monitor, laptop lid...: Hi All,I have a setup where I have my Surface Laptop 3 on Windows 11 connected through USB C onto a HDMI port of an external monitor I use the “Second Screen” only option as I only want to see the display on my monitor and not on my laptop. The issue that I am facing is that...
  4. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Hello, hope you can help me when my Asus laptop lid is closed using an outside keyboard and screenand I put it to sleep. when I wish it to wake up, I must open the lid to do so.is there a way to wake it up without open the lid?when it sleeps it does not respond to the outside...
  5. Lid wake up when manually sent to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lid wake up when manually sent to sleep: Hi, My laptop wakes up from sleep when I open the lid if I have the sleep on lid close action set. I still want to be able to listen to music when the laptop is closed. So I have the close action set as do nothing but have it set to go to sleep after 5 mins of idle. The...
  6. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  7. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  8. HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened

HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened: How to fix an HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened. Running Windows 10 64 Bit Home up to date updates and drivers. Have to hard reboot to wake up screen....
  9. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Since the Windows 10 May 2019 update, the laptop cannot wake up when the lid is opened. The power button lights up and fans start up but the screen stays black and the computer doesn't respond to any button (not even the power button which would normally put it to sleep), or...
  10. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep: I did refresh my Windows 10 with the media creation tool. But no luck. All updates are there. When I close the lid of my laptop it goed in to hibernation / sleeping mode. I open the lid later and press the power buton to get my laptop back to life. It start up and screen...