Windows 10: My Laptop Powers off on its own.

Discus and support My Laptop Powers off on its own. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop appears to be powering off on it's own. I will try to load up something and it will run for a good 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RayquazaKidd, Oct 5, 2020.

1. My Laptop Powers off on its own.

My laptop appears to be powering off on it's own. I will try to load up something and it will run for a good 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden it will just shut off. Please help me fix this issue so I dont have to buy another one.

:)

RayquazaKidd, Oct 5, 2020

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 5, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 5, 2020
  4. My Laptop Powers off on its own.

probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop Powers off on its own.

1. My Laptop Powers off on its own. - Similar Threads - Laptop Powers off

2. My laptop restarts on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop restarts on its own: When I launched Minecraft my laptop was buzzing for like 20 seconds and it automatically restarted, this happens whenever I launch high graphic game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-restarts-on-its-own/87e661c0-3a6e-4f3b-a1a4-5bf99a249c3f
  3. Powering off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powering off on its own: I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go...
  4. Powering off on its own

Powering off on its own: I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go...
  5. Powering off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  7. my laptop is working on its own

my laptop is working on its own: I have lenovo ideapad 100 with windows 10. From past few weeks it has started working on its own.It scrolls down itself. If I try to open some app it opens another one which is located below the app I want to use.Please help if someone is able guide me.Thank you...
  8. my laptop is working on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My Laptop Resested on its Own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Resested on its Own: My work laptop started to slow down yesterday's afternoon and completed frozed. I tried restarting the laptop and it never did, so I went home. Today, I turn on of the laptop and my account is no longer there, but it still asks me for the password. Once I logged, it...
  10. Laptop logging off on its own frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop logging off on its own frequently: My laptop logging off on its own frequently. This has been happening from a few days. I tried updating drivers. No use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-logging-off-on-its-own-frequently/3becadd7-bb56-4c6a-9cc4-c2b37d529e5c