Windows 10: My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

Discus and support My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fl0ydPinkert0n, Jan 17, 2022.

1. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time now; one that I have not been able to figure out. My laptop will lock up. Sometimes it's very briefly, but often times it's for 5 - 15 minutes. Here's an example from the other day. https://i.imgur.com/jd9txcr.jpgMy phone is showing the correct time at that moment 9:42, but as you can see in the bottom right corner of

:)

Fl0ydPinkert0n, Jan 17, 2022

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

About a little less than a month ago my laptop started to randomly freeze, it becomes unresponsive, the keyboard and touchpad won't work so it forces me to restart. it happens at least once a day almost every day and it's becoming really annoying. I hope
    someone can help me.

Mia Martinez, Jan 17, 2022
  3. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jan 17, 2022
  4. n-ster Win User

My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

n-ster, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

1. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive - Similar Threads - laptop randomly becomes

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  6. My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop randomly becomes unresponsive: Hello everyone, I'm just looking for some help / tips for my laptop. It's an Acer Aspire E5-575 that was purchased a couple years ago too old to update to Windows 11. I get that this computer is getting on the older side, but this is an issue I've been having for a long time...
  7. PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly

PC Locking up/becoming unresponsive randomly: GPU: RTX 2060 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3800xRAM: 32g Corsair MoBo: MSI x570 Recently I have been having an issue where my computer will begin to become unresponsive. At first I thought that it was totally at random but I have narrowed it down to when I am watching a youtube video....
  8. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  9. Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals

Windows 10 Computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals: Help! Windows 10 computer becomes unresponsive at random intervals, after hours since last reboot. Mouse cursor doesn't react to movements of mouse, keyboard keys don't work at all, pressing numlock, capslock and scrolllock don't turn on or off the indicator lights on...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...