Windows 10: My laptop randomly started acting slow

Discus and support My laptop randomly started acting slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i got this new gaming laptop a week or two ago, today when i turned it on its started acting slow, it used to take afew seconds to boot up but now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tailsthedool81, Apr 8, 2021.

1. My laptop randomly started acting slow

i got this new gaming laptop a week or two ago, today when i turned it on its started acting slow, it used to take afew seconds to boot up but now it takes about a minute, it takes longer to log in, apps take longer to open/load, what's happening?!

submitted by /u/Tailsthedool81
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tailsthedool81, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Apr 8, 2021
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 8, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

My laptop randomly started acting slow

n-ster, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

My laptop randomly started acting slow

1. My laptop randomly started acting slow - Similar Threads - laptop randomly started

2. LAPTOP ACTING WEIRD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LAPTOP ACTING WEIRD: Ok so my laptop started acting weird all of a sudden after buying a fake charger, the day the charger was bought it was all fine but the next day it started acting weird like the keyboard wouldnt work and the brightness would automatically reduce and if i try increasing it...
  3. Laptop acting weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop acting weirdly: My laptop is acting wierdly .... the apps are lagging a lot the LENOVO VANTAGE app is not working and the performance has reduced a lot CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?? Why is this happening?...
  4. laptop is acting as a microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop is acting as a microphone: My laptop is acting as a microphone amplyfiing everything i say or sounds in the room https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-acting-as-a-microphone/951ea85e-9a58-43c0-b6e4-264ceb9e171b
  5. Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop is acting slow and I do not know what to do !?: I need my laptop now to study but it is so slow its unbearable for me to use, I cant figure out whether or not it is possible to sort it. If not I would get a new one if it is I need to know how to fix it, I have had this laptop for about 6 years. The main problem I think is...
  6. My laptop is acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is acting weird: My laptop has been acting weird, and at first I thought maybe there was a virus on it or something, but I used a bunch of anti malware things on the internet to get rid of whatever was making it act weird and no matter what, they all said that my computer was fine. I looked...
  7. My laptop acting weirdly

My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...
  8. My laptop acting weirdly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop acting weirdly: I have a problem in my laptop it acts weirdly whenever i'm typing on keyboard for example when i'm on notepad++ and writing something and i have more than a tab it moves from tab to another while writing but if i didn't touch the keyboard nothing happens. and something...
  9. Windows on my laptop acting weird

Windows on my laptop acting weird: I have two issues after a few minutes of inactivity the mouse or pointer disappears and there is no way I can find it, the alternative is I push the power button till all is dark, then I push the button again and when windows wakes up I can see the mouse/pointer on the...
  10. Acting slow with minimized game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Acting slow with minimized game: I installed win 10 yesterday upgrading a win 7 and after a few problems now its working fine with some exceptions. The mos t important problem that I have is that when im playing and for example a friend calls me from skype I minimise the game and its all slow. It takes me...