Windows 10: My laptop resolution for Extend Mode

Discus and support My laptop resolution for Extend Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have the same question,please help to give some valid answers.Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jason_guo, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Jason_guo Win User

My laptop resolution for Extend Mode

Split from this thread.​

I have the same question,please help to give some valid answers.Thanks

:)

Jason_guo, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Kaesgaan Win User

Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

Hey everyone,

I recently bought an external monitor for my laptop and I would like to use both of the screens in extended mode.

The problem is that my laptop's screen resolution is 1366x768 and the external monitor's resolution is 1440x900.
    How do I change the resolution individually for each screen? I can change the external's resolution by using "second screen only" mode, but when in extended mode, I can only go with 1366x768. I tried searching on google, but with no luck.

Is there even a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Kaesgaan, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Apr 17, 2019
  4. My laptop resolution for Extend Mode

Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

My laptop resolution for Extend Mode

1. My laptop resolution for Extend Mode - Similar Threads - laptop resolution Extend

2. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in Extended display with different resolution: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity...
  3. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in Extended display with different resolution: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity...
  4. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  5. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  6. Keep my laptop's screen in fullscreen mode when resolution is reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep my laptop's screen in fullscreen mode when resolution is reduced: My laptop's screen is 1080p Full HD, and sometimes I need to reduce the resolution from 1080p to 720p. But when it's happened, my monitor appears big black bars on four sides. This happens every time the resolution is reduced like playing GTA V. Even this happens when I...
  7. Laptop screen going in extended mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen going in extended mode: Hi can somebody help?I have only second monitor on in my settings but when i open the lid off my laptop it automatically switches to extended mode can somebody explain why and tell me how to stop that from happening?...
  8. Laptop - Closing lid disables monitor, extended display resolution changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop - Closing lid disables monitor, extended display resolution changes: I mainly work on a laptop and have it connected to a monitor at all times. On my extended monitor I usually have Youtube, Netflix, or whatever media platform playing. If I close the lid for whatever reason, the extended monitor's resolution changes, and all my work from my...
  9. extended screen/window mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    extended screen/window mode: HI there! Hopefully someone can advise on what I hope is a simple problem. I am giving a presentation on Canva and need to have one screen for the audience and one for me with my notes. So I need to change settings to allow an extended window/screen mode. But I can not find...
  10. No option for correct resolution with 3 displays extended mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No option for correct resolution with 3 displays extended mode: I have 3 monitors that are 1440p. I am running them together in extended mode. My problem is when i do this there isn't a correct resolution option to choose for 3 combined screens. The only option available that works is 11520x2160. That's 4k. With my displays there should...