Windows 10: My laptop resolution would be changed automatically when connected to external monitor as...

Discus and support My laptop resolution would be changed automatically when connected to external monitor as... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop has 3000x2000 recommended system resolution. When I'm working, I would change the resolution to 1920x1080 in Display Setting, then if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HathawayLee, Apr 16, 2019.

1. My laptop resolution would be changed automatically when connected to external monitor as...

Hi,

My laptop has 3000x2000 recommended system resolution. When I'm working, I would change the resolution to 1920x1080 in Display Setting, then if I try to connect a external monitor and set extend mode, my laptop resolution would automatically become 3000x2000. It would really confuse me, why the resolution can be changed by own? Is there any methods to fix it? I don't want my native resolution be changed if I have applied to 1920x1080 ok, please help clarify it, thanks a lot!

:)

HathawayLee, Apr 16, 2019
  2. jon_win10 Win User

Automatically change display scaling when laptop docked/connected to an external monitor (win 10)

Hi. Hoping someone can help me with this issue. I have a laptop which runs in QHD resolution. Because the screen is small I have to use 150% scaling so that I can see things clearly. I also have a docking station at work which is connected to a 27 inch
    QHD monitor. When im connected to the external monitor i need to have scaling at 100% or things look bad. I only mirror my laptop screen on the larger external monitor, so i am not using one screen as the primary/secondary. I know windows 10 has the ability
    to adjust scaling and other settings for each monitor, but when i look at the settings, my monitor is listed as "1/2", so I cant adjust settings for each monitor individually. I want to know if there is a way that my laptop can run in 150% scaling when it
    is disconnected from the external monitor, and automatically run in 100% scaling when it connects to the external monitor. Since both monitors are QHD, the only thing i need to change automatically is the scaling. Can this be done without having to change
    settings manually?

thanks!

jon_win10, Apr 16, 2019
  3. riley1232 Win User
    Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties after connecting the monitor. It seems to have set the custom resolution, however the laptop display still is blurry and does not look like it does when the external monitor is disconnected. Are there any other settings that need to be changed? I do not care if the external monitor is distorted, I just need the full resolution on the laptop.

riley1232, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

My laptop resolution would be changed automatically when connected to external monitor as...

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

My laptop resolution would be changed automatically when connected to external monitor as...

1. My laptop resolution would be changed automatically when connected to external monitor as... - Similar Threads - laptop resolution changed

2. Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected: Hi all,So I was trying to use my laptop monitor in portrait mode while I have a monitor connected to the device but I noticed that the display would not auto rotate into the portrait mode. Setting the 'Display Orientation' was also greyed out.I was able to force it to rotate...
  3. Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected: Hi all,So I was trying to use my laptop monitor in portrait mode while I have a monitor connected to the device but I noticed that the display would not auto rotate into the portrait mode. Setting the 'Display Orientation' was also greyed out.I was able to force it to rotate...
  4. Auto Adjust Resolution When Connecting External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Adjust Resolution When Connecting External Monitor: Hi,So whenever i plug in my external monitor, the screen does not auto adjust resolution, maintains the same resolution as the laptop's first screen and I have to manually set it, I believe there is a way to have the monitor automatically adjust to the external monitor...
  5. Auto Adjust Resolution When Connecting External Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Adjust Resolution When Connecting External Monitor: Hi,So whenever i plug in my external monitor, the screen does not auto adjust resolution, maintains the same resolution as the laptop's first screen and I have to manually set it, I believe there is a way to have the monitor automatically adjust to the external monitor...
  6. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  7. Why the laptop resolution changed to other automatically when I connect with a external...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why the laptop resolution changed to other automatically when I connect with a external...: I set the laptop resolution to 1920x1080 in Display Setting. Then when I connect a external monitor with extend mode, my laptop resolution would switch to 3000x2000(it's the recommended system resolution) automatically. But I want to the resolution keeps in 1920x1080. Why...
  8. External Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor Resolution: Last update, my laptop came back with the resolution of the external monitor set back to 1024x768, with its normal 1280x1024 not available to select. How do I get that resolution back?...
  9. Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different resolution for laptop screen/external monitor?: Hey everyone, I recently bought an external monitor for my laptop and I would like to use both of the screens in extended mode. The problem is that my laptop's screen resolution is 1366x768 and the external monitor's resolution is 1440x900. How do I change the...
  10. External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor and Laptop Monitor Screen Resolution Issue: I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a...