Windows 10: My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

Discus and support My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop. What's supposed to happen is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MercuryFish, Aug 24, 2016.

1. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop.
    What's supposed to happen is that when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the built in screen should turn on but stay completely black, while the monitor (set as my main screen) should show the box for me to enter my password.

However, if it has been left for a couple hours there seems to be a high chance that the screens will take longer to turn on, and then the monitor will flash grey then black, again and again before finally looking the way it should. Once I've typed my password it will take longer than expected to start back up. During this time I will hear the system sound that indicates something has been plugged into the laptop. The monitor will then disconnect, and after a few seconds of the built in screen turning on and off, it will show my desktop.
    There are never any icons on the desktop that it displays, and most worryingly, none of the previously open programs will still be there!
    In the display settings, no matter how often I disconnect and connect the monitor, no extra displays can be detected.
    I never have anything important that needs to stay open during sleep mode because all actions get put on hold anyway, so I actually find the monitor issues the most annoying, but I'm sure these have arisen because of the odd restarting problem.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

PS: I noticed that these issues started around about the same time as I started playing Overwatch, but I don't know how that could be related.

:)

MercuryFish, Aug 24, 2016

2. 2nd Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 setup

Good Day,

I have Windows 10, Dell inspiron 1520 laptop and a second Dell monitor. Everything is working fine the laptop and the second monitor till the laptop goes to sleep. After waking up the laptop the its turning back "ON" but the issue is that second monitor
    stay on sleep mode. The only way to turn it back "ON" is to restart the laptop again.

Any suggestion to fix this problems.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

JustinMathieu1823, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Secondary monitor!

Secondary monitor does not remain identified to my laptop always upon logging back on, sometimes when coming out of standby or sleep mode, and always when restarting. I must constantly re-identify the external monitor in the display settings window.
    There are no other issues when using Windows 10 so far, and I am very satisfied with it!

Oz Design Group, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

1. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems) - Similar Threads - laptop restarts sleep

2. sleep mode on my monitor and computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode on my monitor and computer: my monitor is in sleep mode and I can not wake it up even though my computer seems to be awake but no display on monitor. I can not instruct my computer to do anything since I can not get the monitor to display....
  3. Sleep happens to Restart my laptop

Sleep happens to Restart my laptop: After upgrading my acer laptop from 1809 to 1909, I've been noticing that when I press the sleep button, or close the lid of my laptop, the blue indicator turns to red which makes me think it went into sleep mode. But when I lift up the lid, it takes around 50 seconds to turn...
  4. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  5. Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode

Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi I've seen a lot similar scenarios to this and they're all seem to be different. Here I have a HP spectre x360 15t 2019 running Windows 10. I've had the laptop for two days and I realise that about 20 seconds after I close the lid or hit the power button in order to put the...
  6. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode: Sorry if my english is bad. I have a laptop , windows 10. Everytime I restart my pc or it goes into sleep mode my monitor won't turn on. It only turns on after i unplug it an let it stay closed a couple of hours . Idk why but after that the monitor starts working again. I...
  7. Laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop sleep mode problem: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make notification sounds that ping/blingggg until I open the screen. On the screen will be a window asking me to enter my Microsoft...
  8. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode: When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance. 23002