Windows 10: My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

Discus and support My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop. What's supposed to happen is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MercuryFish, Aug 24, 2016.

1. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop.
    What's supposed to happen is that when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the built in screen should turn on but stay completely black, while the monitor (set as my main screen) should show the box for me to enter my password.

However, if it has been left for a couple hours there seems to be a high chance that the screens will take longer to turn on, and then the monitor will flash grey then black, again and again before finally looking the way it should. Once I've typed my password it will take longer than expected to start back up. During this time I will hear the system sound that indicates something has been plugged into the laptop. The monitor will then disconnect, and after a few seconds of the built in screen turning on and off, it will show my desktop.
    There are never any icons on the desktop that it displays, and most worryingly, none of the previously open programs will still be there!
    In the display settings, no matter how often I disconnect and connect the monitor, no extra displays can be detected.
    I never have anything important that needs to stay open during sleep mode because all actions get put on hold anyway, so I actually find the monitor issues the most annoying, but I'm sure these have arisen because of the odd restarting problem.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

PS: I noticed that these issues started around about the same time as I started playing Overwatch, but I don't know how that could be related.

:)

MercuryFish, Aug 24, 2016

2. 2nd Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 setup

Good Day,

I have Windows 10, Dell inspiron 1520 laptop and a second Dell monitor. Everything is working fine the laptop and the second monitor till the laptop goes to sleep. After waking up the laptop the its turning back "ON" but the issue is that second monitor
    stay on sleep mode. The only way to turn it back "ON" is to restart the laptop again.

Any suggestion to fix this problems.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

JustinMathieu1823, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Secondary monitor!

Secondary monitor does not remain identified to my laptop always upon logging back on, sometimes when coming out of standby or sleep mode, and always when restarting. I must constantly re-identify the external monitor in the display settings window.
    There are no other issues when using Windows 10 so far, and I am very satisfied with it!

Oz Design Group, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

1. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems) - Similar Threads - laptop restarts sleep

2. My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode: Here is something from the WinDbg. Not what I can understand though. Is Nvidia driver the problem?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  3. My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode: Here is something from the WinDbg. Not what I can understand though. Is Nvidia driver the problem?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  4. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  5. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  6. Restart In Sleep Mode

Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  7. Second monitor problem after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor problem after sleep mode: So i have a dual monitor setup, the main one is connected through DP and the other through HDMI. Whenever I put my pc to sleep mode, and turn it back on, all the windows I had on my second monitor move the my main one, and i get a popup from my Radeon Driver, saying that...
  8. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode: Sorry if my english is bad. I have a laptop , windows 10. Everytime I restart my pc or it goes into sleep mode my monitor won't turn on. It only turns on after i unplug it an let it stay closed a couple of hours . Idk why but after that the monitor starts working again. I...
  9. Laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop sleep mode problem: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make notification sounds that ping/blingggg until I open the screen. On the screen will be a window asking me to enter my Microsoft...
  10. Monitor sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sleep mode: I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sleep-mode/6460684c-52bc-4009-9887-495412e6ae66