Windows 10: My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

Discus and support My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know you should generally allow CHKDSC to do its thing in case my drives are damaged and whatnot, though I intend to reinstall Windows 11* to repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lara Gonzaga, Aug 17, 2022.

1. My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

I know you should generally allow CHKDSC to do its thing in case my drives are damaged and whatnot, though I intend to reinstall Windows 11* to repair my device entirely. I cannot accomplish this, however, since the prompt to skip isn't available. I've tried running BIOS and exiting it to attempt to bypass the CHKDSC, though that's to no avail as well. *I've attempted to reinstall it through a flashdrive, although it wouldn't let me since I've used it to boot.Would appreciate any help!

:)

Lara Gonzaga, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Zidny126 Win User

Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip, how to fix this?

So basically when i start my windows start, there is no way to skip fixing disk because usually there 8 second to skip that, but in my case there no 8 second to skip chkdsk, i can't press any key to skip chkdsk on startup

Can someone please help me?

Zidny126, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Jokru Win User
    Forcing a program to run on startup windows 10

My computer has an issue with the folder C:\Program appearing occasionally, I'm uncertain on how to fix that as I haven't installed anything new when it appears and I've tried Procmon to figure out which program is doing it without luck. This message popup thing and the folder don't appear on every boot so it's an absolute pain to fix. I might make a different question about that.

For now I've tried to just use a script to delete the folder and allow normal programs to run, but windows apparently makes startup programs, from the registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run) and the startup folder wait until the issue has been resolved or skipped.

I have automatic sign-in on and am not always there to click that button to either rename or skip the issue, so it is rather problematic.

Is there a way to force this script to run on startup? I have noticed that some programs run despite windows making others wait i.e. antivirus and some utilities, could I utilise this somehow?

Thanks and sorry if this is more Stack Overflow material.

Edit: Added the word wait, which I missed

Edit2: As clarification: Different from suggested dupe in that the methods in said post do not work as windows forces these two (the startup folder, and registry) to wait until pressing either "Rename" or "Skip"/whatever it is in english, in the prompt about the C:\Program folder.
    The third method of task scheduler is yet uncertain as I haven't tested it. It is very hard to test this under 100% natural circumstances as the folder only appears occasionally.

Jokru, Aug 17, 2022
  4. KFM566 Win User

My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

CHKDSK automatically skips after the countdown and redirects to Logon Screen

I wanted to check my HD for any errors or bad sectors, but whenever I try it, it automatically skips after the countdown and redirects me to the login screen.

It first shows the countdown, then after the countdown reaches 0 it says "Scanning and Repairing C:\" and it hangs on there for 5 seconds and then skips the disk checking. I don't know if this relates to anything but in the Disk Fragmentation app, it says that
    System Reserved needs optimization and it is 12% fragmented. I know that it doesn't need optimization, but could this be the reason why chkdsk isn't running?

KFM566, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

1. My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it? - Similar Threads - laptop runs CHKDSK

2. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...: In windows 10 started by not being able to open task manager then realized I cannot Run anything as an administrator, all the fixes I find online wont work and I get this error message every time i try and open CMD or task manager to do a system check nothing happens. The...
  3. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...: In windows 10 started by not being able to open task manager then realized I cannot Run anything as an administrator, all the fixes I find online wont work and I get this error message every time i try and open CMD or task manager to do a system check nothing happens. The...
  4. Everything I try to run as administrator skips the user control prompt or causes my pc to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop runs CHKDSK on startup without prompting me to skip it. Can I somehow force skip it?: I know you should generally allow CHKDSC to do its thing in case my drives are damaged and whatnot, though I intend to reinstall Windows 11* to repair my device entirely. I cannot accomplish this, however, since the prompt to skip isn't available. I've tried running BIOS and...
  6. Windows keep running chkdsk on my C: drive during startup, but always skips the process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keep running chkdsk on my C: drive during startup, but always skips the process: It has been around two weeks since my laptop started to do an automatic check on my C: drive every startup, but somehow it never proceeds to actually check it it skips right away to the lock screen. I find this really odd because I have not force-shutdown my laptop for--at...
  7. Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help can't skip chkdsk on startup because there no 8 second time to press any key to skip,...: So basically when i start my windows start, there is no way to skip fixing disk because usually there 8 second to skip that, but in my case there no 8 second to skip chkdsk, i can't press any key to skip chkdsk on startup Can someone please help me?...
  8. Windows skipping Sign In on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows skipping Sign In on startup: Whenever I start up Windows, on the sign in page, the option to enter a password/PIN flashes briefly, and then proceeds to show the "Welcome" loading screen with my profile. When I hibernate the computer instead of shut down, it asks me to log in when the computer starts back...
  9. can someone help me I skip this error plis..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can someone help me I skip this error plis..: 031719-8828-01.dmp17/3/2019 01:46:49 pm DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f 00000000`00000003 ffffc602`acfe2060 ffff9d85`66a5f7d0 ffffc602`b48850a0 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe + 1aa0a0 NT Kernel & System Sistema Operativo Microsoft® Windows® Microsoft Corporation...
  10. Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 skips disk checking on startup: So when my computer starts up it says "Disk checking to skip press any key within 8 seconds" and then it turns black for a second then says it again. Then it goes to the lock screen. How do I make it so that it doesn't skip the disk checking? 59809