Windows 10: My laptop runs much slower and the mouse cursor flickers every second

Discus and support My laptop runs much slower and the mouse cursor flickers every second in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started occurring yesterday. My laptop Windows 10 Pro 64 bit was running slower than usual and the mouse cursor was constantly flickering. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ray976, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Ray976 Win User

My laptop runs much slower and the mouse cursor flickers every second

This started occurring yesterday. My laptop Windows 10 Pro 64 bit was running slower than usual and the mouse cursor was constantly flickering. I checked the recently installed programs and uninstalled suspicious looking ones. I also tried restarting the system, ending Windows Explorer from Task Manager, running it again and even ran a Malwarebytes scan.

Today, I used the Reset feature from the recovery options, opting to keep personal files. All the third-party apps were uninstalled yet the problem still persists. I ran a Windows Security quick scan and found 1 threat, which was removed. But the flickering hasn't stopped and the system still runs slow. I'm out of ideas now.

:)

Ray976, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Ray976 Win User

This started occurring yesterday. My laptop (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) was running slower than usual and the mouse cursor was constantly flickering. I checked the recently installed programs and uninstalled suspicious looking ones. I also tried restarting the
    system, ending Windows Explorer from Task Manager, running it again and even ran a Malwarebytes scan.

Today, I used the Reset feature from the recovery options, opting to keep personal files. All the third-party apps were uninstalled yet the problem still persists. I ran a Windows Security quick scan and found 1 threat, which was removed. But the flickering
    hasn't stopped and the system still runs slow. I'm out of ideas now.

Ray976, May 25, 2020
  3. Mouse Cursor Flickering on Windows 10

This is a really annoying problem.

Two things seem to be happening. First is the mouse cursor is flickering. It's as if it's having an anxiety attack. The flicker can also interfere when trying to click on icons, although most of the clicking feature seem to work okay most of the time.

The second thing I noticed is that down at the bottom of the screen is a big circle that has an arrow in it. This arrow flickers in rhythm with the cursor.

I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet, including those from this forum. I've deleted device drivers for both the mouse and video card and the intel driver, changed screen resolution, tried changing mouse settings, tried changing the settings
    of my video drivers, I tried changing the performance settings, I changed the boot up settings in my Bios. I tried starting up without my usual start up programs. Nothing stopped the flickering.

I use a USB mouse, so I tried different USB ports. I also tried a wireless mouse. The flicker did not stop in either case. I think it's a problem with the Windows update. I had this problem some months back, but it stopped. Then I updated a few days ago
    and the mouse flickering started up again.

I did notice that while in my Bios the cursor did not flicker. While in Windows 10, as I am now the mouse cursor does flicker.

Help.

My laptop runs much slower and the mouse cursor flickers every second 235fe351-f9f2-4393-bf43-c35d7e07f2ad?upload=true.jpg

jimclay75051, May 25, 2020
  4. My laptop runs much slower and the mouse cursor flickers every second

Cursor flickering

My cursor is flickering like crazy. I'm running Windows 10, latest updates installed. I'm on a Lenovo laptop, but I don't know the model. I've already tested multiple mice.

To be more specific, the cursor disappears completely when I'm not moving it. When using a mouse and moving it, the cursor appears but flickers. Clicking still works. When I use the mousepad on the laptop, the cursor isn't visible, and it doesn't work at
    all.

Also, if I hover over the start bar at the bottom, it looks like the tip of my cursor is pointed toward the Cortana button - not highlighting it, just very close to it. But if I move my mouse, it disappears.

I've tried several other answer forums and a few tricks but nothing has worked; I've found that my "symptoms" are extremely unique - it's very rare in my experience that an external mouse will still work when the laptop's mousepad won't.

SamuelAbrams, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop runs much slower and the mouse cursor flickers every second - Similar Threads - laptop runs much

2. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  3. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  4. My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel: Hi,My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel when it is in any mode except the standard pointer and link pointer e.g. when it is the plus-sign precision pointer or a resize pointer, as shown in the photos attached. The actual hitbox for where...
  5. My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel: Hi,My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel when it is in any mode except the standard pointer and link pointer e.g. when it is the plus-sign precision pointer or a resize pointer, as shown in the photos attached. The actual hitbox for where...
  6. My mouse cursor is twice as tall and is only displayed every second pixel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. On-Screen Keyboard makes mouse cursor slower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-Screen Keyboard makes mouse cursor slower: Hi!After opening On-Screen Keyboard, mouse cursor lags i.e. moves slower and webpages are also loading slower. Closing On-Screen Keyboard solves the problem. Why mouse cursor does not move with the same speed when On-Screen Keyboard is closed?I use the latest Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Flickering Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering Mouse cursor: This is a relatively new problem for me. The mouse has a fully charged battery (I think) but the problem is continuing. I've tried Google but I don't appear to have the HP Simple Pass program which is mentioned by some people. If it matters, I'm 72 and not exactly the...
  9. Laptop running slower & slower

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running slower & slower: I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and...
  10. Cursor slower than mouse/touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor slower than mouse/touchpad: My cursor tends to lag behind my touchpad when I'm using any app other than Settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cursor-slower-than-mousetouchpad/fa312e8d-7246-4a0c-86b3-f0b5f233c32b