Windows 10: My laptop runs slower when plugged in

Discus and support My laptop runs slower when plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a year ago, my laptop started running considerably slower when plugged in to power when running games that were running perfectly fine earlier.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wyatt Garrett, Dec 21, 2020.

1. My laptop runs slower when plugged in

About a year ago, my laptop started running considerably slower when plugged in to power when running games that were running perfectly fine earlier. I've tried going to other people's similar posts on this issue, but nothing I've tried has worked, and I'm finally at the point that I'm just gonna ask for help rather than looking at other people's posts. I'm pretty sure that it is power related, but that's just based off of the power cord relating to the problem. I have a DELL G7 15 7588 and have had it for a little over 2 years now. I have sent it in to DELL for RAM failure in the past and mentioned this issue, but nothing was ever done. Thanks for looking into this and thanks for the help.

:)

Wyatt Garrett, Dec 21, 2020
  2. EdithNash Win User

Laptop running slower & slower

I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It
    boots up slowly and once booted up, it doesn't perform as it should, especially if I have multiple windows open. When in Outlook, for example, I can compose a message and when I click on send, the App greys out with an Outlook is not responding message.
    If I just wait a couple of minutes, it comes back online and sends the message. Same thing for word and saving documents. It even affects access to the internet and takes a while to go to the requested site. I have run scans for viruses, etc. and have run
    Chkdsk and done defrag's but it doesn't help. I also ran troubleshooter which did find some indexing errors and fixed them.

I would appreciate any suggestions on what else to do. Thank you.

EdithNash, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Games not running up to performance standards when laptop is not plugged in.

I am running Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators update). When my laptop is plugged in, my games run up to the expected FPS or speed. But, when it is not plugged in, the games run slower all the sudden. Also, I realized that if I put it to "Better Performance"
    not plugged in, it manages the "Speed" weirdly.

I already tried:

• running disk cleanup
    • Changing the paging file
    • Reinstalling Windows
    • Changing the battery to Best Performance
    Screenshots:

My laptop runs slower when plugged in c57aa913-a573-440f-ac1d-cd89af7eed89.png

Here's what I mean by speed:

My laptop runs slower when plugged in f2b83b5a-aa12-4b9c-a611-76cfba4fbd61.png

I already have posted this somewhere, but no one has answered to it for months.

nickylego14, Dec 21, 2020
  4. DianeGill Win User

My laptop runs slower when plugged in

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

My laptop runs slower when plugged in

1. My laptop runs slower when plugged in - Similar Threads - laptop runs slower

2. My laptop bsod when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop bsod when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-bsod-when-plugged-in/967d87bf-c9be-4b9e-bf53-1fbb6b58a876
  3. My laptop bsod when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop bsod when plugged in: It’s a nitro an515-53. It happens randomly too, it would work just fine for like 5 minutes and then blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-bsod-when-plugged-in/967d87bf-c9be-4b9e-bf53-1fbb6b58a876
  4. My laptop bsod when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in: I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs3065cl, Windows 10 Pro, Intel core i7 10th gen, 1TB SSD Nvme brand new bought in November 2020 and since the very start I noticed it would run slow in some moments but I truly didn't paid attention to it until now that it's become quite...
  6. Computer is much slower when plugged in

Computer is much slower when plugged in: I have a HP laptop with Ryzen 5 8gb of Ram. I have recently been getting a much slower computer when it is plugged in. Its so bad that I can't do Zoom on it. I have tried almost everything on the internet and nothing works. I have used multiple chargers. Im worried that...
  7. Why does my laptop run slower when it's NOT connected to my external monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop run slower when it's NOT connected to my external monitor?: I feel stupid. I'm starting to think because it's so used to running with the monitor hooked up that it's now slow running without it. Logically speaking now: Could it be since my laptop's screen is 4k and the monitor is a standard 1920x1080? I do not know the refresh rate...
  8. Laptop running slower & slower

Laptop running slower & slower: I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and...
  9. Laptop running slower while charging

Laptop running slower while charging: My new laptop, acer aspire e15 runs fine when unplugged, but when plugged, it goes really slow. I have it set on max settings on battery (but if you have any ideas that I might have not done, tell me), and I use the charger that came with the laptop. Is there anyway to stop...
  10. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

My laptop is becoming slower and slower: I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over what Microsoft and...