Windows 10: My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

Discus and support My laptop runs super slow when plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs3065cl, Windows 10 Pro, Intel core i7 10th gen, 1TB SSD Nvme brand new bought in November 2020 and since the very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HerreraM, Mar 11, 2021.

1. HerreraM Win User

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-cs3065cl, Windows 10 Pro, Intel core i7 10th gen, 1TB SSD Nvme brand new bought in November 2020 and since the very start I noticed it would run slow in some moments but I truly didn't paid attention to it until now that it's become quite frustrating to work when it goes so slow since I'm constantly working over the phone and people can barely hear me and I can barely hear them. This laptop shouldn't be playing me like this I'm not quite sure what could it be.

Recently I noticed that it happens when I plug in charger. And it would run ridiculously slow for HOURS until it does not anymore. Even while plugged in it would go back to normal after some time, after whatever is going on is over. But when unplugged I don't believe I've ever seen it running slow which caught my attention.

See below four screenshots, first one when starting my computer and while unplugged. Everything would be just fine...

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in 8d55954a-60e1-4bae-a50e-530bc93c8880?upload=true.png

You may see kind of high CPU activity but even so the laptop would run smooth. After sometime, while still being unplugged activity would decrease and still running smooth.

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in 48fe7c64-19da-4a7f-8db6-30715b5d4427?upload=true.png
    However, when I plug in the AC charger, system processes would skyrocket and it would start running slow like hell...

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in 3def2863-c48c-4554-9074-f040445237ca?upload=true.png

At this point everything I type would take years to be shown on screen, windows and tabs would take forever to open, if scrolling down on a page would charge images and texts after centuries and is at this point where I'm THIS close to stamp my laptop against the wall c:

But, if I decide to unplug it again it would go like if it's never gone crazy before...

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in 32544757-2a5b-41c5-88a0-0877bb5bec12?upload=true.png

So I'm having real concerns and issues here with my laptop's behavior and I would like to know what's going on and how can I fix. I would truly appreciate you guys.

PS: BTW, like I previously said, even when still plugged in it would back to normal after some time, even hours. Not sure why.

:)

HerreraM, Mar 11, 2021
  2. dnroerig Win User

Super super super slow running Windows 10

I have a Samsung touch screen computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. I have Norton antivirus. A couple of weeks ago my computer started to run slow. I did a "go back to a known good date" reset. worked for a while. then started to slow
    down. Now it takes over an hour from turning on computer to get to google web page. It works, but is super super slow. Do you have a suggestion to try so I dont lose my saved data. I have only got on set up (F8) once on many attempts. Thank you for any help.

dnroerig, Mar 11, 2021
  3. MY LAPTOP IS SUPER SLOW

my laptop is super slow what can i do

graceazucena10, Mar 11, 2021
  4. My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

when i plug in my windows 10 it slows down but if it's plugged in a angle it runs fast.

when I plug my changer in to my windows 10 laptop it runs slow but oddly when I angle the changer at a certain degree it runs fast as it should be. also when it's plugged in it use's low cpu and medium memory and it use's super low disk and network. it
    began a year ago.

glenhammack, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

My laptop runs super slow when plugged in

1. My laptop runs super slow when plugged in - Similar Threads - laptop runs super

2. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  3. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  4. laptop slows down when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop slows down when plugged in: so ive had this problem since i bought my new laptop a month ago. i have an acer aspire a515-45 with windows 11. whenever i plug the charger in the laptop starts lagging so hard its unuseableve, even if its just google the lag still persists. ive tried it all but havent been...
  5. Laptop extremely slow when plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop extremely slow when plugged: Laptop extremely slow when plugged inI've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the...
  6. Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.

Laptop Slows Down When Plugged In.: Laptop: HP EliteBook 8540w O.S: Windows 10 After a year of buying this laptop, when the battery used to be lower than 80% Either plugged in or not, the system used to slow down to the point of being unusablegames and videos lagging, webpages become unresponsive and etc.....
  7. My laptop runs slower when plugged in

My laptop runs slower when plugged in: About a year ago, my laptop started running considerably slower when plugged in to power when running games that were running perfectly fine earlier. I've tried going to other people's similar posts on this issue, but nothing I've tried has worked, and I'm finally at the...
  8. Laptop super slow

Laptop super slow: Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums and usually I don't ask questions online, but this has really been bugging me. I have a new Lenovo laptop and it is sooooo slow, you could fall asleep waiting for something to load. It was bought in late 2018brand new and I don't use it...
  9. Windows 10 running super slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running super slow and laggy: I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 after a hard drive corruption, before the update win10 ran silky smooth with almost no lag, after the fresh install win10 takes 5 mins to open the setting panel, tried defragmenting my hard drive, no help, tried setting the...
  10. System running super slow with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System running super slow with Windows 10: My Dell Inspiron laptop came with Windows 7 installed in 2011. I had Windows 10 installed via download in August 2015. At first the speed was fine. Now my laptop is so slow that it has become almost unusable. I often click on something and have to wait 10 to 20 seconds for a...